Nightmare

Hayley came home from a stressful day of dress rehearsal and realized that Derek didn't clean the house like he said he would. For some reason this made Hayley angry, so she ended up leaving him a bunch of angry texts and one angry voice mail. She was going to try cleaning up a little bit but just decided to go to bed. She knew Derek was going to be home late, but she had no intention of waiting for him now. Hayley went to bed angry and in a bad mood.

Derek got home at 3:00 in the morning and finally checked his phone to see a bunch of text messages. He read all the messages and listened to the voicemail, he felt really bad that he didn't clean up his stuff like he said he would. The thing was that Derek ended up running late and didn't get a chance to clean his stuff. Derek went to the bedroom he shared with Hayley and saw her sleeping figure. He kissed her forehead and whispered "I Love you" even though she didn't hear him. Derek went to the bathroom to take a shower when he heard Hayley whimpering almost crying. He ran back into their room to see her jerking in the bed. She let out a scream and started thrashing in her sleep. "Hayley. Hay. Hayls it's alright it's a nightmare. Wake up," He tried to tell her while pulling her into his chest. She opened her eyes but was still panicking, when she saw him she started to touch his face just to make sure he was actually there. She started to lightly cry "I- I- I didn't mean what I said in the message I was just stressed. I had a nightmare where we fought and you walked out and left me. I was so scared because your family has b-basically become mine and they all just turned their backs on me," she cried. "Shh it's alright I'm here. It was just a nightmare and I'll never leave you. Even if we break up my family will always be your family," he said comfortingly.

Derek ended up not taking a shower because Hayley refused to go back to sleep without him with her. So Derek and Hayley fell asleep entangled in each other's arms.