02 - Stranger Danger

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" Cora screamed, as she woke up to a pair of dark eyes staring at her

The stranger also sat up, somehow managing to not even wrinkle the sheets beneath him as he confusedly watched the young female flare herself into the air.

He eyed her hungrily, "Normally I wouldn't complain about a girl being in my bed but... who are you exactly?" His shockingly deep voice asked.

Cora frowned, "What do you mean 'who am I?'" She mocked in his voice, "This is my apartment, who the frick are you?"

He blinked, "Your apartment? This is my apartment."

Is he serious?!

She paused for a few seconds as they both tried to analyse things, almost as if a pause button had been pressed.

Then she ran.

She ran for her life.

"Where's the knife..." she muttered to herself as she crazily rummaged through the abundance of almost empty draws.

After several wrong attempts she finally found the slender metal object and turned to the incoming threat in satisfaction.

"You have five seconds to leave or I will call the police." She warned, proudly holding up the weapon.

He warily stalked closer, "Please put my knife down."

She laughed cynically, "This," she then waved the knife in the air, "is not yours!"

He raised his brow, "Yes it is, I bought it from the store down the street. It has the letters RJ written on its side."

She scoffed at him, "Sure it does."

"Check it." He urged, still moving closer.

She rolled her eyes before quickly glancing at the knifes side, "R-RJ?" She questioned bewildered.

"See," he raised his hands, "I'm telling the truth, I've lived here since 2013."

She studied the man in curiosity, there was no way he could of just known that right off the bat.

"There has to be a mistake, it was put up for sale. I bought it! I even have the documents to prove!" Cora argued, still holding tightly onto the knife.

The stranger pointed his finger, "Oh wait!" He exclaimed, "Are you Wendy from 25B? People always said she was crazy but I never really knew... well until now." He muttered the last part, however she still managed to hear it.

"My names Cora and I'm not crazy!" She whispered angrily.

He clicked his tongue, "Its kinda hard to believe you when you're threatening me with a knife."

Growling, she put the weapon down and rushed over to her suitcase which was still near the front door from where she had left it last night, "Fine, then look at this."

Fiercely sliding the signed documents across the marbled countertops so he could see, Cora watched in anticipation as the truth soon dawned on the young man.

"This doesn't make sense..." He mumbled, pinching the gap between his eyebrows.

Cora nodded, "Look, if you leave now I won't tell anyone what happened."

His dark brown eyes found hers once again, "I'm not leaving my own apartment."

Oh for fucks sake.

"Ok, that's it!" She declared, speeding over to the wall phone.

"I don't think so!" He grumbled, grabbing the nearest pillow from the couch and hastily throwing it at her head.

She froze as the quiet thud of the object hit the ground.

Cora narrowed her eyes, "Did you just throw a pillow at me?!"

He smirked, "I did and I'll do it again."

"You ass." She bellowed, picking up the pillow and throwing it back to him.

However, her anger ceased when she witnessed the squared pillow go directly through the strangers stomach.

It was like everything was in slow motion as she replayed the scene in her head, her eyes repeatedly flicking back to the pillow which laid behind him.

The attractive stranger stumbled back in astonishment, feeling the same area to see if there was an actual hole.

Their panicked gazes met.

"What the frick?" She squeaked, "What are you?!"

"I don't know, but I'm freaking out!" He hyperventilated, trying to reach out to her, "CORA, HELP ME."

She squealed as she clumsily backed away, "Ew get away from me!"

"Let me touch you! Stop moving!" He yelled, running forward.

"No! Don't touch me! I don't want a pillow to fly through me too." She replied back in disgust whilst sprinting towards the bathroom.

She could hear the growing footsteps of the intruder as she swirled just in time to see his lost eyes, before slamming the door shut and locking it.

His muffled cries of help could be heard from behind the wood as Cora continued to cower behind it. Fortunately, he didn't magically teleport through it like she had originally feared.

"Please just go away!" She begged.

One.

Bang.

Two.

Bang.

Three.

Then everything went silent.

The dense dripping of water from the tap loudly reverberated off the four walls of the tiled room, leaving only her heavy breathing as proof she was alone.

Hesitantly, she reopened the door.

The stranger had gone.

A/N: What do you think of it so far?