13 - Practice Makes Perfect

A powdered mist loomed over the moons glowing essence as it greeted the bustling city of Seoul with its pearly smile; on the contrary to Cora who currently had a never ending frown carved into the skin of her face.

"You're not trying hard enough." Hoseok's stern but evasive voice corrected the young stud as he watched from afar as the pair continued to hold hands.

Although he wasn't there physically, Cora's hand had started to become clammy due to the constant heat Taehyung provided.

Like him, she also rolled her eyes.

"I am trying! I moved something the other day, I don't know why it's not working." He protested in his usual pout.

Hoseok shuck his head in disappointment, "Whatever he just said, it feels like bullshit to me."

Cora nodded in agreement before earning a glare from his direction, "What?!" She shrugged, "You moved a pillow last time, if you want to live you're going to have to lift a little more than that."

Taehyung huffed in defeat before releasing his grip on the girl.

For a second her heart swelled for the irritating man, she couldn't even imagine what he was going through mentally right now.

Her eyes softened, "Let's just call it a night, it's already past eleven."

Hoseok gave her a knowing look of sympathy before returning to his half finished book.

Taehyung was both too exhausted and embarrassed to even consider glancing at either of them.

It didn't help that he could feel their pity from a mile away.

Cora quickly gestured towards the door, catching a glimpse of Taehyung's sour expression in the reflection of the shop windows as she did so.

He clenched his jaw before rigidly turning around and walking right past her.

Not expecting his sudden cold shouldered response, Cora blinked as she witnessed his form faze through the door.

Oh.

Suddenly noticing a presence missing from the room, Hoseok looked up, "If you're worried about him, just think about what you would like to do if you were in his situation." He sighed, letting his dainty glasses slip to the tip of his nose to get a better view of the girl.

She thought about it before smiling, "Thank you, you are a great friend Hoseok."

The corner of his mouth tugged upwards just before she ran out into the abandoned street.

"You're welcome." He chirped.

The midnight air soothed Cora's body as she rushed to Taehyung's side, although when she managed to get there she couldn't find the courage within herself to speak

She tilted her head slightly to get a better view of the man and weirdly she found peace in just observing him as he walked silently next to her.

It was hard to believe a human being like him even existed.

His golden skin glistened like fragile fragments of glass under the starry night as his soft lips parted every so often, almost as if he was mimicking the need to breath.

If it wasn't for the gentle breeze of the autumn-time air causing her hair to rustle from its previous position and not affect his, she would of believed he was really next to her right now.

She was so captivated by his beauty that she didn't even realise how cold she actually was until Tae's eyes met hers, "You should bring a jacket with you next time." He scolded.

Cora's mouth opened ready to reply, but for once she found herself lost in those uniquely asymmetrical eyes he owned.

"I- I know. I forgot." She shyly admitted, but quickly squeaked in surprise when he suddenly wrapped his arm around her waist and brought her close to his chest.

"I'm sorry I can't give you mine." He lowly muttered.

Luckily for her, Taehyung couldn't see her heated cheeks, "Thank you." She managed to whisper back.

Needless to say, for the rest of the way back they both remained that way. However, when reaching the apartment, Taehyung immediately went his separate way - presumably to find a window to brood out from. Acknowledging this, Cora took this opportunity to construct her master plan.

Rummaging through the heap of draws, she set out each item in a perfect arrangement onto her kitchen counter with a satisfied hum.

"Tae Tae!" She called sweetly only to earn a grumpy "What?!" in response.

Istg-

She rolled her eyes, "Just come here."

After a couple of seconds she heard movement, "Yeah?" His little head poked out from around the corner.

Noticing the weird concoction of objects in front of her, he soon stepped closer.

"What's this?" He arched his brow.

Cora proudly tapped the table, "Well, I figured since you couldn't remember much about yourself I would help you."

"I'm not catching on..." He squinted in confusion.

"Personally, I'm a hot chocolate kind of person and I know you may not be able to drink it... I still need to test that out," she randomly explained, pushing the particular container forward, "However you might be a coffee person." She smirked, pushing the unopened can of coffee towards him.

Seeing as he hadn't spoken yet, she continued, "My favourite film is Ghost with Patrick Swayze in it. I'm not sure what yours is, luckily for you we have another seven hours until sunrise to find out."

She grinned as he regarded the items in utter astonishment, "Tonight's about finding out who you are Taehyung, so are you in?"

His eyes widened, "W-why would you do this for me? Aren't you at work tomorrow?"

She shrugged unbothered, "I'm not tired yet."

His face was like a child's on Christmas day, "Okay then." He smiled.

A/N: I SWEAR TAEHYUNG IS THE CUTEST BEING ALIVE OMG SO CUTE AND PERFECT UWU

Sorry for any mistakes you've seen I wrote this very late at night so I will probs edit it tomorrow.

Alsooooo sorry I took so long updating, I'm planning to update TWD soon as well for any of you that read that too 💜 Thank you for being patient with me 💜