11 - Whiplash

"Maybe its a sign you're getting stronger?" Cora voiced her thoughts aloud as she paced around.

Taehyung shrugged, quite unsure about what it all meant himself.

"Remember the time you threw a pillow at me?" She recalled, "Why don't you try and do that again, if you can get better at moving things maybe it will make it easier for you to return?"

Again, he shrugged but this time it was more enthusiastic, "I guess it wouldn't hurt to try."

"That's the spirit!" Cora clapped her hands together excitedly but immediately stopped when Taehyung shot her an unamused look.

Okay, he's obviously not in the mood for jokes.

"Hey Cora?" He suddenly asked, "C-can I try something?"

Uneasiness settled itself in the pit of her stomach, "It depends, what do you want to try exactly?"

He didn't answer and instead decided to take it upon himself to decide that Cora's uncertainty was in fact an indefinite yes.

"What are you doing?" She moved back on reflex when his shimmering form started making its way closer.

"I promise I won't hurt you, you trust me don't you?" His already intense stare deepened as he waited for her response.

Trust him?

What kind of question was that? She tolerated him sure, but that's only because she didn't have a choice in the matter.

Taehyung remembers very little about himself... what if he's actually a bad person deep inside?

Still, knowing all of this she couldn't find the strength within herself to refuse those beautiful chocolate eyes beading straight into her soul, pleading for an olive branch.

She sighed, "Yes."

He also breathed out in relief, obviously pleased with her answer.

"Lift your hand up," he instructed, now only a meter away, "Like this." He demonstrated with his own hand.

Now understanding exactly what he meant, she followed his directions and lifted her hand so that her palm was facing his. Already, she could feel a strong almost-electrical current flowing between the negative space.

"This is so weird..." she muttered, analysing both of their hands in utter curiosity.

However, she wasn't expecting Taehyung to move even closer, forcing their hands to touch.

Cora gasped at the contact.

A soft golden glow almost as bright as the sun, outlined the tiny gaps of their morphed skin. Her eyes squinted at the harsh light, making them water slightly as she forced away the urge to look in another direction.

When she eventually lifted her gaze up to see Taehyungs reaction, she was surprised to find he was already staring at her.

"You don't know how good it feels to finally be able to touch someone." He aired in a breathless voice.

She could feel her lips lifting, "I guess this just proves there's no escaping each other."

He smirked, "Its not such a bad thing is it?"