09 - Luck

"I'm not going to lie to you," Hoseok rubbed his hands together anxiously, "I feel a little weird talking to an empty space

"I'm not going to lie to you," Hoseok rubbed his hands together anxiously, "I feel a little weird talking to an empty space."

Cora jumped at his honest statement and quickly chucked a pillow in Taehyung's direction, purposefully aiming it straight at his crotch.

"He's there." She informed as Taehyung winced unnecessarily.

"Yo wtf?!" Taehyung yelled, hugging the unaffected area as the pillow thudded closely behind him.

Cora just waved him off.

Hoseok raised his brows, unaware of it all, "I- I think I can sense him."

Taehyung suddenly dropped his junk, "He can?!"

"You can?!" Cora's eyes widened, also bewildered by the information.

Hoseok nodded quickly before moving closer to Taehyung. Not expecting him to do so, Taehyung jumped back.

"Don't be alarmed, I can sense your pain. You're lost." Hoseok whispered, his eyes roaming the empty space in front of him.

Taehyung frowned, "I am."

He is?

She never thought he was in pain, she just assumed he was unbothered by it all... An asshole but an okay asshole nonetheless.

That sounded wrong.

"H-he said yes." Cora stuttered out his response.

Hoseok nodded understandingly, "There's something different about this case," he uttered, "you have more energy than the usual ghost..."

Cora stepped forward, "What does that mean?" She shared a look with an equally as confused Taehyung.

"Look," he ushered Cora to step closer to both him and Taehyung, "feel the air around him."

Hesitantly moving her gaze to the slender eyes of her companion, Cora reached forward letting the hot breath of her roommate brush against her fingertips.

She shivered.

"I can feel his warmth."

"Exactly." He tutted proudly, "With a normal ghost you would expect to feel a colder temperature... it's almost as if..." Hoseok stopped himself as he tapped his chin in thought.

"As if what?" Her brows crossed together.

Hoseok turned, "Its almost as if he's still alive."

What?!

"I-I'm not dead?!" Taehyung exclaimed, hope clearly laced between his words.

"How?" Cora questioned urgently, grabbing Hoseok's arm in the process, "If he's not dead how can I see him and no one else can?"

He shrugged, "I'm not sure, my guesses are that maybe he's on the brink of death and his spirit has been separated from his body."

Cora glanced at Taehyung before turning back to Hoseok, "So are you saying that if I find his body and reunite him with it, he'll be alive again?"

He cocked his brow, "Its worth a shot."

"Cora," Taehyung called out, forcing her to look at him, "if there's any chance I might be alive, I have to try but I need your help."

Sighing heavily, she broke eye contact.

He reached forward, "Cora please, I promise I will be better. I won't annoy you, I'll give you personal space, I-"

"Fine! It's not as if I can say no, that would make me an extremely terrible person." Cora muttered in annoyance.

She almost regretted saying it as soon as the words came out of her mouth, if it wasn't for the wide boxy grin Taehyung sent her way afterwards it would of probably stayed that way.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" He yelled happily.

Hoseok smiled, "Ok well I need to go now, my break is almost up."

Cora nodded, "Well thank you for helping me- or us I mean."

"Oh tell him I said thank you too!" Taehyung beamed.

How can he look so darn cute especially when he's the exact opposite most of the time?

She cleared her throat, "Erm, Taehyung says thanks too."

Hoseok grinned before leaving, "No problem, I'm just glad that I could help."

"You did." Cora assured.

"Good Luck." He winked.

And then he left.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter >_<

Also thank you for all of your support so far!