14 - All Fun and Games

Cora woke up with a start.

Her delicate lashes peeled themselves from the soft skin from under her eyes as they fluttered open to find what appeared to be a sleeping Taehyung next to her.

Her brows burrowed together as she watched his angelic features contort into scowl as a huge gasp of air was realised from his mouth and onto her face.

"It's rude to stare." He mumbled tiredly.

"I thought you couldn't sleep?" She voiced her concerns aloud as she stretched her muscles.

He shrugged, "I can't, you fell asleep on the couch last night so I brought you to your bed."

And what... He stayed with me for the whole night?

"I thought you couldn't carry heavy things." She deadpanned, unsure of his story.

"Me too, but I saw you there and I felt like you were uncomfortable. I don't know why but I just had an urge to lift you up and it worked. Although I did nearly drop you, it was hard to do." He explained, now turning to meet her gaze.

Their faces were so close that if she moved even a little their noses would touch.

"Don't you remember?" He finally questioned, making her eyes squint as she tried to recall her foggy memory.

~ Five hours earlier ~

"Fuck you, I bought Mario kart with my own money, it's only fair I get to choose Yoshi." Cora stuck her tongue out at him as he lunged for her controller.

After several failed attempts he rolled his eyes, "Fine, Yoshi sucks ass anyways. He's so annoying."

Laughing, she carefully placed his controller onto the coffee table directly in front of him since he could only manage to push the buttons and swirl the thing.

"I choose Peachy!" He exclaimed in excitement as his cute fingers vigorously shook to press down the option.

She smiled at him when he flashed her his boxy grin as he finally managed to push it all the way down.

"Alright my little princess," She playfully mocked his choice, "be prepared to lose."

He scoffed as he hovered his fingers readily over the buttons, "I should be telling you that."

She ignored him as she tightened her grasp on her controller as the countdown started - totally forgetting about Taehyung's disadvantage as she zoomed down the track leaving Tae's Princess Peach in the dust.

A large proud grin etched itself onto her face as she passed the finish line.

She quickly swirled to him to shove her victory in his face but immediately froze when she witnessed him struggling to even get his character two steps from the start line.

Seeing his little tongue slightly poking out of his mouth in concentration, guilt quickly ate at her as she realised she had completely forgotten what this whole nights purpose was about.

Noticing a pair of eyes on him, he slowly and cautiously glided his eyes across the room to hers.

He frowned in defeat as he violently pushed the controller away, "I suck at this." He admitted sadly in a pout.

She nodded her head in agreement, "You do," he glared at her, "so how about we play a game we both can play?" Cora suggested with one eyebrow raised in his direction.

He pondered, "What game?"

She rubbed her hands giddily, "How about hide and seek?"

He rolled his eyes, "What are we, fucking five?"