17 - Sleeping Beauty

Maybe Cora shouldn't have eaten that very cheesy margarita pizza just before bed?

Visions blurred in the back of her mind as she tightly closed her lids to an abrupt shut, wanting nothing more than for sleep to steal her body away already.

Her legs ached especially after being forced to walk home from Hoseok's book club, but it was her head that ached the most as she replayed everything that had happened.

It was rare she ever had nightmares, but if she did it was always the same.

~

Rain patted softly against the roof of her car as she was transported into the middle of a storm, the radio station fading in and out of range as it muttered the obvious.

"Thunderstorms are expected for at least another two hours. Police advise those who are driving to remain cautious and return home as soon as possible."

She cursed as she checked her cars clock, annoyed that the heavens had only just started crying as soon as she stepped out of the house.

It was a bad case of irony.

The rear view mirror unsettled her nerves even more as she noticed very few cars behind her, it was as if fate was practically screaming at her for her to turn around and go indoors like everyone else.

However she ignored it and instead reached for the heating, aggressively turning the knob which immediately blowed hot air in her face.

The rain intensified, almost as if it disapproved of her actions.

Nearly there.

She told herself as the sign signalling her next turn zoomed past her passenger window. A collection of tiny ringlets of water formed on the glass as she squinted to see it clearer.

It was just then that a loud ringing came from her cars built in handsfree phone.

Jungkook...

"Shit." She growled out, knowing the man was probably wondering why she wasn't there yet.

Her eyes focussed on the tiny green button on the screen as she leaned forward, steadying her shaking hand as her car raced over numerous potholes.

She pressed answer, sighing as she readied herself to apologise to the young millionaire but froze when bright lights filled the space of the car.