16 - A Helping Hand

Cursing as she not so gently barged through the doors of Hoseok's book shop, Cora didn't even bother to check if anyone was around to witness the scene before she rushed to sit down.

"Fuck my knees are killing me." She winced, eyeing the large red stains that decorated her trousers.

It wasn't long until Namjoon rushed to her side, "What the- Cora what happened?" He asked as he examined her wounds in slight disgust.

She laughed weakly, "Someone tried to mug me or something." She waved him off.

Namjoon's eyebrows rose in shock, "What? How did you get away?"

She gestured to the empty area in front of her, "You can't see him but Taehyung punched him in the face and then yeeted him across the street." She replied with a hint of a smile.

Taehyung shook his head in amusement, "You wont ever let that go will you?"

She chuckled, "Nope."

Namjoon warily studied the space before carefully dodging it as he walked past, "I'll go get you a first-aid kit."

Before he left she quickly grabbed him, momentarily forgetting about her injuries in the process, "Can you get Hoseok? I need to ask him something." She cringed.

He cautiously glanced at her before pulling away, "Sure." He grinned before leaving them both alone.

By this time Cora had already started feeling a little uncomfortable from Taehyung's constantly worried gaze that never left her body.

She awkwardly rubbed her arms as she tried to change the subject, "I should probably call Mira and ask if she's alright. She probably thinks I'm dead right now." She cracked with a small giggle.

He sighed, "It was stupid what you did, you shouldn't have even gone down there." He furrowed his brows at her, "Why did you by the way?"

I can't exactly say it was for you, he'd feel guilty even though it wasn't his fault.

She opened her mouth, ready to give some kind of lame excuse when Hoseok strode through the isles interrupting her.

"Make it quick people, I have my book club today and they will be here in half an hour." He nonchalantly said before raising his eyes to meet hers.

He frowned, "What the hell happened to you?"

Cora rolled her eyes, "To summarise, I was about to die and Taehyung saved me."

Hoseok chocked, "Whoa, slow down. What?"

She sighed frustrated, "He saved me from being shot. We don't know how. We came here for your opinion. The end."

He glared at her, "Well I mean it's pretty obvious." He crossed his arms.

"What's obvious?" She deadpanned.

Suddenly Namjoon stumbled through the door, "I found it!" He beamed cutely as he proudly held up the shinny red box full with medical supplies.

Everyone turned to him with a straight face.

"I also brought vodka to help with the pain." He flushed.