Chapter One: Valentines day (Marinette POV, third person)

Marinette Dupein-Cheng awoke drowsily and slowly as she hazily opened her eyes. A bright ray of sunlight shown through her window, and the whole room seemed to be alive and bright. As she steadily lifted her self sitting up in her bed, she peered around the room and quickly plopped back into her bed. "Marinette!!" Tiki shouted in her usual squeaky voice from across the room,
"You can't go back to bed Marinette! Look at the time, we'll miss Valentine's Day!". Marinette sat up alittle and gave Tiki an annoyed look, raising one eyebrow and rolling her eyes as she buried her self underneath blankets once more.
Most of her friends saw her as a person who would bolt out of bed at the slightest mention of any holiday, but she didn't have the energy this morning to slide out of bed, get dressed, brush her teeth and hair, and bolt out the door with her backpack half unzipped, scrambling to get to class on time. Even though Nathaniel had a crush on her that one ancient time ago, Marinette wasn't really known as the type to change love interests like clothing. What was the point, anyway? Adrien Senpai would never love her like she loved him.
"I know it's not the most amazing holiday ever, but you still have to be on time, Valentine's Day or not." Tiki piped in.
"Ok, Tiki, but I never said I would enjoy it." She said with a joking giggle as she ruffled Tiki's head and began to pick out the perfect outfit for Valentine's Day. Her combination included a short ruffled hot pink skirt, black flats, black stockings, and a white tank-top with a big heart on the front.
"Hey Tiki, you think I should leave my hair down today? I usually wear it up but maybe I should try something new.".
" Sure, Marinette! I think that's a great idea!".
Marinette carefully took out each of her light pink hair bands from her pigtails and let her shoulder-length blue hair loose. I think it's missing something. She then proceeded to shuffle through one of her drawers and pulled out a cat ear headband with fake roses on it. Perfect!
As she strolled through the beautiful streets of Paris to school, she realized she was very early and did not have to be in a rush at all. It was a sunny bright day with not a cloud in the sky, and she could hear the sounds of birds chirping in the wind. She soon made it to the front gate and lifted the heavy weight of it on her shoulder as she pushed it open. Marinette entered her classroom with hesitation, as she knew that Adrien would be there. She shyly took her seat next to her best friend, Alya.
"and Happy Valentine's Day, girl! You got any plans? Anyone You're hanging out with today?" Alya inquired as she leaned in and gave her a smirk. Marinette nervously laughed. "Not that I know of.".