Chapter Eleven: Recovering (Adrien POV, third person)

❗️This chapter might be offending. There will be self harm and suicidal references, read at your own risk❗️

        That Monday, Adrien was caught in the halls by Marinette and accidentally revealed his cuts. At first, he was scared she would judge him and ridicule him; tell him she couldn't be friends with him anymore because of it. When the two progressed into the conversation, Adrien began to realize Marinette cared about him a lot and just wanted him to stop and be better. He really did want to become better over night. But he couldn't. It wasn't that easy.
       Monday night, he put his walls up and cut again. It started slow and light; faint little lines that didn't even bleed. As the restless hours went on, it became fast, deep and frequent. Gasps of pain slipped from his lips every other slash. The hours past, and after a while, Adrien set down the sharp metal he took out of his pencil sharpener and finally fell asleep at 4:30 am.
       At school on Tuesday, Adrien kept silent. He wanted to talk to people and come out of the hole he had dug for himself. His walls were to high, and he didn't know how to climb over them. Marinette would occasionally say hi and try to catch his attention, but Adrien pretended like he couldn't hear her, shoving his earbuds deeper into his ears. He wasn't trying to come off as rude, but he didn't feel like confronting anyone.
        After school that day, he walked up the stairs to his room and sat down on his bed with his arms resting on either side of him. He stared at the ceiling and closed his eyes. That night, he ignored the urge to grab the sharp piece of metal on his table. Instead, he lightly cried as he traced the scars on his arms with his fingers, asking himself what he was thinking. He couldn't believe what he had done.
        When Adrien Agreste woke up Wednesday morning, he decided to at least make an effort to reach out. He had dug him self so deep and told himself no one cared, but deep inside he knew people did.
       That day at school, Adrien wore a bright blue denim jacket, a white T-shirt, and bright blue jeans. As soon as he entered the school front gate , he noticed Marinette sitting on one of the benches. He sat next to her and gave her a bright smile. For the first time in about a week, Adrien wasn't faking the smile he wore upon his face. He felt the happiness he showed; revived and new.  He was a fresh, clean slate.
      "Well, you look better!".
      "Yea, I thought about our little talk, and I realized that Luka was such a minor thing and so is my dad. Those things don't deserve to bring me down!", he stated in confidence.
       "Oh, and by the way, I'm sorry I ignored you yesterday I wasn't in the mood to talk.".
       "It's ok. I figured you needed some space. Know I will always be here if you need to talk.".
       "Thanks Mari.".
       "Anytime Agreste.".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ik this section was a bit short and I also know what the comments will say:
       " people don't recover that quickly"
Well, I'm aware it doesn't go away in a weekend, but I needed to do this to allow the storyline to progress so just humor me.
        Thank you for reading btw! I am really enjoying writing this and knowing I have a decent sized audience! ❤️
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~