Chapter Fourteen: Flirtatious (Adrien POV, first person)

❗️Mild kissing scene, read at your own risk.❗️

      The thought of Marinette maybe being more than just a friend stirred around in my brain the whole walk home. When I got to the front gate, I shook my head side to side in frustration, trying to rid myself of the idea.
As soon as the front door opened, I searched for Father. He usually came down the stairs to tell me all the things I needed to do to improve, but it was strange that I couldn't find him.
Maybe he's in his office.
I poked my head in his office.
Hmm. Not there.
I checked a couple other spots before I concluded he was probably in his bedroom. Usually I wasn't allowed in Father's bedroom, but I was worried that he got hurt on the way home or got kidnapped. My mind raced with terrible things that could've happened as I curled my fingers around his bedroom door knob and opened it.
The sight that lay before me was not expected. I covered my mouth with my hand, the image of the reality in front of me seared into my brain.
I knew there was something between Nathalie and Father.
Father sat on the bed with his legs over the side. Nathalie sat on his lap, passionately kissing him. Thankfully, Father was fully dressed, but Nathalie on the other hand was not. She only wore her underwear and nothing else, her hair a tangled mess and her makeup smeared across her face.
I shut my eyes closed, but no matter how hard I tried, the image wouldn't go away. Father stopped kissing Nathalie and looked at me with terror.
"ADRIEN! What are you doing in here!!".
"I was trying to find you, I didn't know you'd be doing that!!", I cried, my eyes still glued shut.
I ran out of Father's bedroom, ran into my room and closed the door shut behind me.
That was traumatizing.
I sat down at my desk and looked through my backpack to check if I had any homework.
I don't wanna do homework, but doing it might get my mind off of Nathalie and Father.
I reached down and found my planner. My fingers flipped through the pages and landed on the date for that day.
       It read: English Project- write an essay on your favorite author.
       My eyes widened at the words on the paper. I hated projects and I hated English, so this assignment wasn't going to be very enjoyable for me. I plopped down on my bed and let out a big sigh. I closed my eyes and began to drift off when I heard a ring. It was my phone. I then reached over the bed and pressed the green answer button, still laying down on my bed.
       "H-Hello?", a feminine voice croaked out on the other side of the line.
       "Hi. Who is this?".
       "Oh, this is um.. Marinette...".
       I sat up in bed. How did Mari get my number?
       "Oh hi Mari! Can I ask how you got my number?".
        "O-oh... Nino gave it to me because I-I umm,", she paused, "wanted to ask you if you wanted to hang out sometime...".
       My face lit up with enthusiasm.
      "Yea that sounds great Mari! When do you want to do that?".
      "I was thinking during the weekend sometime. We could go to a parade I heard was going on...".
       "Yea! That sounds fun! Can I ask you something that's a little embarrassing though?".
        "Go ahead.".
        "Can we go to your place after? I need help with an English project that's due on Tuesday, and I know you like essays and stuff like that.".
        "U-uhhh s-sure that sounds good! We can arrange the time tomorrow at school. See you then!".
        "You too!".
        I hung up. I then set down my phone and layer back down on the bed. My face grew red and hot, and my hand reached up to my cheek to feel it's unusual warmth.
What if I like Mari?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Again, I know this is shorter than most chapters, but that's because I'm leading up to juicy drama so be patient😋. Thank you for reading!! I hope you're enjoying my weird fan fiction!❤️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~