Chapter Eight: Misunderstanding (Adrien/Luka POV, third person)

Luka POV

       Luka Couffaine stood in the rain looking at the floor, his blue converse shoes tapping rhythmically on the cement impatiently. He was excited to see Adrien again, and wanted to ask him if he could look at his piano. Luka had never played the piano, but was curious to experiment with it.
       Luka quickly looked up at the door as he heard the sound of the lock being fumbled with. A smile grew upon his face as he was greeted by Adrien. Adrien had a phony looking grin plastered across his features, and his hair looked sort of...shiny.
His hair must be wet from the rain.
       "Oh umm... Heeyyy Luka!"  Adrien spout out.
       Luka held his hand up for a high five, and Adrien gave him a weak slap. His hands were cold and clammy.
Why is he sweating? It's not like it's hot out or anything.
       The two teenage boys stood there in the door way exchanging uncomfortable smiles.
        " Well... um.. come in!" He said quickly breaking the silence as he gestured Luka to come inside with his hands.
       The boys walked in the giant marble room as Luka looked up toward the ceiling in awe, his mouth slightly open in amazement.
       "W-Wow this place is huge..".
       "Ye, it is," said Adrien as both of the boys' eyes scanned the room, "maybe to big." He remarked. Adrien chuckled and Luka smiled at his innocence.
        The two made their way up the stairs, talking about instruments, school stuff, and whatnot. When they entered Adrien's room, Luka's mouth hung open in amazement again. It was so big compared to his own. Luka's eyes wandered the other boy's room. His eyes crossed over the boy's big bed, his desk with multiple T.V.'s, and his grand piano. Luka jumped a little at the sight of it. He looked up at Adrien, motioning to play it. Adrien nodded as Luka sped over to it and sat down on the long bench.
       The lid was closed over the keys, and Luka's fingers traced over the dark brown wood that covered over the beautiful instrument. he lifted up the lid and pressed a certain one over and over a couple times, feeling the cold marble key underneath his delicate skin.
       Adrien stood beside him near the other side of the dark instrument.
       "Do you umm.. want me to teach you a s-song?".
       Luka looked up at him from his spot on the wooden bench.
       "Yea! That sounds cool, I'd love that!".

Adrien POV

       Adrien felt nervous as he slipped himself next to Luka on the piano bench.
       "So to play a certain song that I find a good beginner, you start with this key." He instructed, pointing to a key on the far side from himself.
       The two boys sat next to each other for about half an hour, Adrien telling Luka which keys to press and in which order. Luka had gotten the basics down, and started to get the idea of which keys to press and which pedals to push down on from underneath the instrument. Adrien felt more comfortable near Luka now, their shoulders gently touching when either of them reached over to press a certain key on the other side.
       "There!" Shouted Luka in confidence as he finished playing the first part of the song Adrien had been teaching him. Adrien could tell Luka was a strong musician. He seemed to learn quicker then most, and perfected what Adrien had taught him.
       "Good job! You're really good at this!" He remarked, smiling at Luka it a giddy kind of way. They sat there for a couple seconds, smiling and staring into one another's eyes.
        "So uh, what else is there to do? Not like you lack cool gadgets and activities." Luka commented, scanning the room again.
        " Well," Adrien answered, standing up only to sit back down on his bed, "We could play rummy!". He then reached underneath his mattress and pulled out a package of playing cards.
       They sat on Adrien's bed playing rummy, laughing and talking.
       "So, where's your parents? Are they out? My parents go out a lot and I have to deal with Juleka while they're at some bar.".
       Luka giggled.
       Adrien sighed. His mother had died about two years previously from cancer. His father had mentally hardened from the situation, while Adrien seemed to weaken. He missed his mother with every bone in his body.
       "Oh um.. my father is out for an interview but my mom is uh..." Adrien paused and gave a deep sigh "dead.".
       Luka looked up at Adrien in horror and regret for asking.
       " Oh my gosh I'm so sorry! I shouldn't of asked..."
       "No, it's fine. Just a sensitive topic I guess.".
       Adrien sat criss cross on his bed looking down at his lap sulking, when all of a sudden he felt a hand rest on his shoulder. Adrien jumped up a little at Luka's touch. His fingers were like lace, reassuring, soft, and warm.
       Adrien looked up.
       "Adrien, I like you.".
       The word sent a chill down his spine and made his heart jump.
       "Come again?".
       Adrien couldn't believe his ears.
       "I like you, Adrien. I like you a lot.".
       Luka smiled.
       Without thinking, Adrien grabbed Luka's shirt collar, leaned in, and kissed him.
      It was only a second, but Adrien kissed him passionately. Luka's lips were soft and big for a boy, and Adrien enjoyed it.
      Adrien heard a muffled shriek as Luka squirmed and shoved Adrien off of him. He opened his eyes.
       "What the absolute fuck was THAT?!?".
       "Sorry, is it to early for that?"
       " TOO EARLY?! I have a GIRLFRIEND!! Are you GAY?! I'm not homophobic or anything, but I don't like you like THAT!!!".
       Adrien stood up and face palmed. He felt the embarrassment and awkwardness growing inside the room as him face became red in his hands. He heard running footsteps and a slam of his door. Luka had left.
       Adrien flopped down on his bed face down, and started to slowly cry.
Who would ever like a weirdo like me anyway?