Chapter Twelve: Recovering (Marinette POV, first person)

It had been a long day as I skipped happily in the bright Paris sunshine on the way home. Spring had finally began to roll around, and nature brilliantly portrayed it. The cherry blossom trees had began to bloom, and birds' chirping echoed through the city streets.
       As I was walking happily, I spotted the new girl, Lila, and Adrien Senpai talking. I rolled my eyes as I watched them enter the park close to the school.
       My mom told me I should always directly walk home and never take any other stops besides home, but this was Adrien, and I couldn't stand to see him alone with another girl.
       The two walked together to a bench and sat down. There was a beautiful fountain in the middle of the area, and trees lined the sides of the square park behind the benches.
This has to be stopped this is way to romantic for them to just be friends.
       I slyly crept through the tree line behind the other empty benches until I reached the one that was occupied. I bent down behind it, the teenagers chatting away on it in front of me. I listened carefully for any sign of flirting.
"So, Adrien," Lila hissed, "I was wondering if you wanted to go hang out or something.".
Adrien sat on the bench scooting further away from Lila as she scooted closer.
"Uhhh... sure we could go hang out somewhere....".
"YAY! That sounds GREAT!! When do you wanna do it?!".
"Well um we could do it-".
"Tomorrow after school at the cafe down the street, yea you're right that sounds AMAZING!".
Lila bounced up from the bench.
"Well see you then!!", she cried as she skipped off purse in one had and the other up in the air as if she was about to start cheering.
Adrien Senpai sat on the bench for a second.
This is a disaster! Adrien can't hang out with another girl!
He then proceeded to slowly get to his feet, grab his black backpack, and stumble his way out the front entrance of the park.
I hastily sat in the brush for an extra ten seconds before slowly standing up and walking over to the dirt pathway so I was no longer behind the wooden bench.
What a spoiled bicth!
I carefully walked out the same park entrance as both Adrien and Lila had done before me.
I can't let them two be alone at a cafe! They're going on some kind of a date tomorrow, huh? Well I just got to be there and make sure nothing to serious happens!
Anger filled my system as I continued to walk home.
Adrien didn't even seem like he was interested.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm aware both chapter eleven and twelve are way shorter than my other chapters, but that's because there's some juicy drama in the next couple chapters so I thought I'd have two chapters that gave my readers time to prepare. My other parts will continue to be around 1000 words. Thank you for reading! 🙏❤️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~