Chapter Seven: Misunderstanding (Adrien POV, first person)

Marinette is such a good friend.
I had just finished my walk with my very good friend in the rain, and couldn't wait to see her tomorrow. I really really wanted to see her tomorrow.
Marinette is just a very good friend. That's all. Just my very good friend.
I approached the gate of the Agreste mansion, and even though I couldn't see Father, I had a feeling he was staring at me from somewhere. Up in the window, or from behind the front door; prepared to assign me with more tasks.
I used the side of my shoulder to lift the heavy ancient front door open. I closed it behind me, and the wind slammed it shut with a loud swish sound. I turned around and scanned the lobby in front of me. The house was always so overwhelming with it's marble floors and multiple stories. My shoes squeaked on the marble tiles beneath me as I walked. I folded up my umbrella. I looked down at my feet and frowned as I sighted Father approaching. He wore a dark Indigo suit with a a black bow tie. His usual red glasses were replaced with dark purple ones, and he wore a pair of black leather dress shoes. He silently glided down the stairs. He had his face of disappointment he always wore when he was near me.
Why's he so dressed up?
"Adrien," He said sternly as he got to the bottom of the stairs, walked past me, and stopped in front of the door with his back to me. He then quickly turned only his head and continued.
"I'm going to an interview tonight and I'll be back at around 1:00 tomorrow. Do your piano lessons. Nathalie won't be watching you tonight, she has offered to accompany me at the interview instead.".
At that moment, Nathalie strode down the stairs in a bright red suit dress that matched the tips of her hair. She wore long, gold, dangling earrings and a gold chain necklace.
       There is totally something going on between them.
" Adrien," Father called in a harsh voice, "I really hope I can trust you to stay on task and not mess around. Do you understand and will you follow through?".
"Yes Father.." I gloomily answered.
"Good." He said as he turned away from me once more, held the door open for Nathalie, and left, the door slamming behind him from the wind once more.
I gave a big sigh of relief. Finally, I could be in this big place alone without Father peering over my shoulder every five seconds. The sound of my loud exhale echoed across the mansion. I made my way up the stairs and sat down on my bed, plopping down my backpack next to me.
" Well, Adrien, you have the whole house to yourself! You should go out with friends or maybe just hang out in your room and play video games! And I could eat camembert!" Squeaked Plagg , peering out of an unzipped pouch on my backpack.
I sighed and glanced over at him, "Plagg, remember what Father said? He's counting on me to behave and not get into trouble...".
"Who cares Adrien! Oh! I know! Luka said he wanted to hang out sometime, so, maybe you can take this as an opportunity to invite him over! You guys can play video games and I'm sure he would love to see you play your piano!".
My face lit up with the idea.
"Yes! That's perfect! I'll call him right now!".
I reached across the bed and grabbed my phone sitting on the side table, and the dove into my backpack for the sticky note with Luka's number on it.
       "Found it!" I said enthusiastically to Plagg.
I typed in the number on my phone, my hands sweating with nervousness and excitement.
       "3...3...1..5...7..9...0...0...7..3" I mumbled to myself, typing in the number and taking a deep breath of preparation before calling.
I closed my eyes and cringed as I quickly tapped the green call button.
"Ohh myy goodd what have I DONE!" I squeaked as I panicked on what exactly to do.
Plagg looked up at me with with a reassuring smile. He nodded his head and I knew what to do.
I forced the phone to my ear and closed my eyes tight.
The ringing stopped and I heard a voice on the other line.
"Hello? Who is this?".
I swallowed the ball of stress stuck in my throat and roughly squeaked, "O um.. this is A-Adrien...". I winced at my answer and waited for his.
"O hey Adrien, what's up!"
"O um.. nothin' much.. just wondering if you wanted to come over and hang out...".
Even though I couldn't see him, I could see a prediction of his face reaction on the other end: his eyebrows raised making a sour face of disgust.
       "Yea that sounds cool! I'm not doing anything at the moment so yea, that sounds good! What time should I come over?".
       "Oh any time you want but um.. sooner then later.  My Father will be home soon."
       "Oh okay! I'll be there at 6:00.".
I leaned over my bed to see the time on my digital clock at my bed side. 5:26 it read.
"Oh umm ye that sounds good!" I answered back enthusiastically.
"Okay, be there in a bit. See ya!".
"See ya!".
I hung up and plopped down on my bed with my back, my hands lied down beside me.
"I can't believe Luka is coming over." I whispered to myself. "Luka is coming over!" I said to myself a little louder now, hopping upright out of bed.
I quickly ran to the bathroom and halted in front of the mirror. I took out my hair gel and redid my hair up and combed it out. I wanted to look nice, but I didn't want it obvious that I was trying.
       As I was combing out the last of my golden locks, I heard a ring at the front door. I froze in front of the mirror, immediately dropped everything, and quickly ran out the bathroom door. I sped down the marble stairs, hopping down 2 at a time. My mind was racing with nervousness and excitement all at once.           
       Panting from being out of breath and running, I stood in front of the door, took a deep breath, and opened it.