Chapter 22.

Betty's POV

It has been 2 days since Jughead told me about his arrest.

I can't believe that someone like him would end up in that situation in the first place, well  guess he never knew that his ex-girlfriend was a sociopath.

She was crazy and always wanted Jughead to suffer even if she broke his heart.

Suddenly my phone rang, I answered the call and heard Archie saying something.

"Hey let's go on another date."

I stood silent for a while and didn't answer him, after a few seconds of him panicking, I declined his offer but he insisted.

At the back of my head I told myself to give him a chance, but I really couldn't, then Archie apologized for making things awkward and was about to end the call, but before he could, I stopped him and suggested that we should just go to a coffee shop or walk by the beach.

He quickly agreed and thanked me for meeting him.

I looked at the clock and sighed, I had an hour to meet Archie, but I was worried about Jughead, he hasn't even smiled properly after what he told me.

It made me worried, and the texts that I have been receiving from a random person have been texting me non-stop, and the worst part is that they have been threatening me and saying that Jughead will eventually leave and never come back.

I really liked Jughead and I don't want him to leave anytime soon, I felt safe when he was around me and it made me happy and it made me feel less lonely in this apartment, maybe the idea of us living together scared me at the beginning but now I used to it and if he came back late from work, I would be would be worried sick about him.

I walked to my closet and wore something casual, Jughead said that he will be out for a while but he doesn't know that I am going out, so I left a little note on the fridge that says I'll be out for a while, and I sent him a message too, just in case.

I walked out the apartment but instead of taking the car I took a taxi, after a while of sitting in the taxi I finally arrived at my destination, it was a small coffee shop, that had a few people inside and outside drinking their coffee or eating their cake or cupcake.

I got inside the coffee shop and looked for Archie, he was sitting at the back near the big glass window, and was looking down his golden watch, he lifted his head up and I smiled at him and slightly waved, as soon as he saw me he quickly got up and smiled.

I walked to our table and sat down, I placed my bag on the right side of the table and looked at Archie who basically just started at me with a smile on, I smiled back and he asked, "Would you like some coffee?" I nodded my head and looked outside the window, it looks like it would rain, I sighed and turned my head towards Archie who was sipping his coffee, "Hey um, why did you call me?"

He placed the cup on the table and sighed, "I just wanted to catch up and maybe have a date, but I guess it's a little too uncomfortable."

He was a sweet guy for sure, but how can I see him in a romantic way if I already fell for Jughead?

my drink finally arrived and it was placed on the table, I quickly took a sip but it was hot, I placed the cup back down and said, "Ouch!"

Archie looked at me worried and quickly jumped from his place and placed both his hands on my cheek and made me look at him, he looked at my eyes and said, his voice clearly worried, "Are you okay?, are you hurt?" I felt something move in my stomach and quickly snapped out of my thoughts.