Koori Ui {Paranoid}

Curled up in the bed, cheeks stained with tears. You were filled with mixed emotions. Worry, anxiety, fear, sorrow and paranoia. Ui wasn't coming home as usual lately. Sometimes he would be late or not come home. But for the past 3 weeks, he didn't come home at all. What made it worse was, he didn't inform you about this. You were thinking of the worst scenarios that could possibly happen. Is he cheating? Does he still love you? What if he died and the one who you were seeing was just an illusion? An imposter? A doppelganger? What if...

Your thoughts were disturbed by a sound of a door opening. Footsteps were heard going from downstairs up until your bedroom. Good news is you had the bedroom door locked. Bad news is you weren't properly armed. Should you call 911? The police? But where was your phone?

" (Y/N) ..? ", a familiar voice called out from the other side.

'U... Ui?..', you asked yourself.

" A-Are you okay? I heard you sobbing. ", he asked with a hint of concern and regret. His mind was about to explode. He was hoping some sort of response. Anything that would indicate that you were safe.

Minutes passed, still no answer. He fought back the urge to break the door down. Frowning, he requests, " Can you at least open the door for me..? Please?.. "

You stood up from the bed. Your legs were like jelly. Was this really Ui?

Click.

Ui immediately looked up to see your tear-stained face. Your eyes and cheeks were puffy and red from crying, your skin was so pale, your hair was blocking your face yet it still managed to look so silky and your figure... The way you shook was enough to make his heart ache.

He clenched his fists. Taking you in his arms, he says, " I'm sorry ... For leaving you all alone for days. I'm a really horrible fiance, huh?"

You remain speechless. Taking it as a sign to continue, he proceeds while hugging you tighter, " I'm not sure how to ever repay you for having the patience and consideration for tolerating me. I don't know how but just say the word. I understand if you hold a grudge against me because of it. I understand if you will take it as a reason to leave. I- "

"Ui..." You cut him off. " It's okay. I knew what I was getting myself into and I still chose it so... So, you don't need to hate yourself because of it. We've come this far and I don't want to turn back. And even if I was given the option to leave, I'm sure I would still choose to stay. It's okay if you can’t come back a couple of days. As long as you stay loyal and inform me, then I don't see any problem in that. Tell me truthful, loving words, remembering our anniversaries, birthdays or other events or even texting or calling me is enough. It's okay, Ui. I don't hate you nor do I resent you. In fact, it's quite the opposite.", you say quietly while giving him a loving smile.

If your smile was a disease, he's sure he would have died right now. But even if it wasn't, he's sure he's already dying because of it.

What was this angel doing here on earth? And who, in the name of Hera, sent them down here?

' That's it. I'm going to marry them this week. Who cares about next week? ', he thought.

With that, he presses his lips to hers. It was indescribably sweet. He didn't want to pull away but he had to since they need oxygen.

"I love you, Ui / (Y/N) ", you both said in unison. After looking into your beautiful eyes, he then picks you up bridal style and places you to bed gently.

You two spent the rest of the night cuddling.

" I love you, (Y/N). ", he says while kissing your forehead.

~~~

Ma boi needs some love. He's so underrated. Protect them.

I love Tokyo Ghoul so much that thinking that they are not real people makes me sad. I need a hug.

See you later, XX.