Dazai Osamu {Selflessness} II

It was a normal day at the Armed Detective Agency. Kunikida, Kyouka, Atsushi and Dazai were sent out on a mission to infiltrate the illegal organization, Islanders.

You, Akutagawa and Higuchi were also sent out to steal their files and information. Well, you just volunteered to join since you wanted to help Higuchi if ever Akutagawa lashed out.

"Well, well, well. If it ain't the Port Mafia. Fancy seein' you here.", a rather short, cowboy male says, revealing himself.

"H-hello.", you say, your politeness showing.

The man raises his brow before continuing. "Ya know. Y'all aren't the only ones who's here.", he says while adjusting his straw hat.

"What do you mean?", Higuchi asks.

"What in tarnation?! The Armed Detective Agency slugs are here too, ya know!", he answers smugly. Before Akutagawa could even activate his Rashómon, the man immediately stopped him. "Hold up, hold up. Why don't we play a lil' game ?", he asks, taking a seat in the cold floors.

"Game?", Higuchi asks, lowering her guard down.

"That's right. A game! I call it, 'Mindless Thoughts'. It's where y'all stepped inside ma forcefield that allows y'all to play the game, and y'all
have to guess what the other person is thinking.", he explains proudly.

"That is absolutely pathetic. No one can win that game unless you're a mind reader.", the blonde snarls.

"Exactly.", he says while crossing his arms.

"W-What are the rules?", you ask, leaving everyone in the room surprised.

"Well, you cannot exit the forcefield when the game isn't finished yet. You must not use your ability to leave the forcefield. You can't lie to your opponent. You can't do any physical contact with your opponent and you can't tell your opponent what you are thinking even if the round is finished.  ", he explains, the way he talks changing.

"T-Then, I-I'll play.", you say.

"But what do we get if we win?", Akutagawa asks.

"Imma give what y'all wanted.", he says nonchalantly. "But. If I win?", he asks.

"You can have the address of the Port Mafia hideout.", you respond quickly. Again, you made everyone shock. Surprised, even.

"Lady (Y/N), are you sure? The boss might-", Higuchi reminds. She was suddenly cut off by Akutagawa who placed a hand in front of her.

"Let her.", Akutagawa assures.

"Okay! Let's hand ya a warm up or a trial, shall ye?", he says, activating his forcefield. "I'll go first."

"Y'all are thinking about the... Population of the polar bears in the South. ", he guesses. The two look at you in anticipation.

"That's right.", you say while smiling.

"Now, guess mine.", he chuckles.

"You are thinking...the limited edition of volume 3 of the book called, 'The Walking Mountain'.", you guess. There was a pregnant silence.

"Erng. I was thinking of volume 4.", he says. You pout shyly. "That was only trial though, lil' girl. Ya can't even beat me in trial! How much more if it's the real deal?", he laughs mockingly.

"Why you--", Akutagawa says before being interrupted.

"I-It's okay, Akutagawa.", you shoot him a small smile before looking back at the mysterious man.

"Ha, now for the real deal. Again, Imma give it a go, first.", he says, "Y'all are thinking ... The specific amount of chemical imbalance of the brain of the person when the nerves next to your cerebrum is triggered. "