Four

It was decided that Zu and I would take the squeaky bed and Liam and Chubs would sleep on the ground. I lay under the covers with Zu curled up a little ways away from me.
     Chubs finally flips off the desk light and takes his place on the ground. It had been nearly seven years since I had slept in a place other than a camp, and it was also the first time in seven years that I hadn't gone to sleep feeling scared.
     I rolled over onto my stomach my arm hanging over the edge of the bed. My fingers graze something as I fall asleep.
        I'm suddenly watching Liam break down the electric fence gate that must have been at a camp. A herd of kids stampede over the gate to their freedom. As guards shoot at them from behind. Then I see Zu laying on the ground as kids trample over her.  Liam runs over and scoops her up as he runs out of the gates.
    I gasp at bolt upright. Trying to figure what just happened. I look over and see Liam leaning back on his palms as he rubs his eyes.
"You good Ella?" He asks his voice still groggy from sleep.
"Yeah,"I reply. "I just had a bad dream"
"Weird me too," he whispers into the dark. I then remember that my have had touched something when I was falling asleep. It must have been Liam. I hadn't really had a chance to use my orange powers since the day I got to camp, it was too risky. I didn't want to get caught experimenting, so I couldn't control it very well.
   I lay back down and resume my previous position with my hand over the bed. This time instead of just brushing against something, my fingers are laced into someone else's. And then with a quick squeeze there gone. I roll back over but don't even remember my head hitting the pillow before I'm asleep.

Liam's. POV
I wake up to the dimly lit hotel room. I slide out from under the blanket I was sharing with Chubs and slip out of the room. I walk down to Betty, the name I had given our van, and start chipping the painted letters off of the side. My mind was lost in thoughts about Ella, and the events from last night when I hear a door shut. I spin around just to see her creeping out of the room. She's still wearing the shirt I gave her. It was big on her and the neckline hung loosely on her revealing her prominent collar bone. She looked fragile. Like if you hugged her too tight she might shatter. But she had this look in her eye. Like she wasn't afraid of anything and that she could kick someone's ass if they tried to do anything to her. She had deep eyes that looked like they'd seen everything and that if you looked deep enough into them they could tell you her whole story. You could get lost in them with just a glance. Her long hair was thrown up on top of her head and her long tan legs protruded from her shorts. My eyes trailed along her body—
"Hey," she said. Snapping me out of my thoughts. Damn.
"Hey," I replied.
"Do you want help." She asks. Fiddling with the hem of her shirt nervously.
"I mean sure if you think you can handle it." I joke trying to break the tension. as I hand her another screwdriver. She snatches it from me as a smile breaks across her face.
"So," she asks."How much further till we get to this camp." 
"Well," I reply. Looking over at her,eyes fixed on the old paint as she chips it away. "Were not quite sure where it's at. We've heard rumors of where it might be but nothing definite."
"So what are we supposed to do," she asks. Her eyebrows furrowing together.
"Well supposedly they hide clues with directions to find it," I sigh. "You know with like unaffected kids places like that."
"Sure," she mumbles. There's a long pause before she blurts. "What do you mean unaffected kids?"
"You know kids that didn't die and that don't have powers," I say looking at her with a puzzled look. "Normal kids."

Hey guys! Thank you so much for reading. Let me know what you think about having parts of the story in Liam's point of view. I also started to work the plot towards a part about normal unaffected kids. I know that is not in the plot of the movie or the book but I wanted to add my own touch. Let me know what you think. Feedback is great!!