Twenty-Four

Ella's POV
I wake up the next morning. It feels early, but I still can't tell through the window. I don't hurt as bad today, but I still can't move too well. Cassie fly's through the door plopping down on my bed. She doesn't look as nurse like today she's wearing a sweatshirt like Liam's, with jeans. My attire is much less exciting, dressed in a papery hospital gown.
"How do you feel" she asks her voice bubbly.
"Better I think. When can I go outside" I ask.
"Probably not today" she responds. "Your still very delicate and any compromising environments could effect your recovery." I sigh laying back against my pillows. "Sorry" she mumbles, taking an apple out of her pocket she starts to munch on it. My stomach growls and I question when the last time I ate anything was. I'm about to ask if I can eat when Nate comes through the door my chart in hand.
"Good morning" he says brightly he looks like he's in a better mood then he was yesterday. "Cassie I see you've met Ella"
"Yep" she responds smiling at me.
"Alright Ella" Nate says moving closer to the bed to examine the machines next to me. "We're going to do a lot more tests on you today. We need to see where your body is at physically and we also need to run some tests on your powers."
"Ok" I croak my voice is raspy. "How will you test my powers."
"That's the tricky part. From what we've seen and heard most of your powers are reactions to high stress situations. It's a form of your adrenaline. Being so young and having been unable to test your powers has made you unable to control them. So in order to test them we will have to have to put you in a sleep induced state where we can control what you dream and see how you react with your powers" I sit for a second absorbing what he is telling me. I still don't understand how they know so much about my powers. I nod slowly taking it in.
"Can I get some water" I ask. Both Nate and Cassie look a little shocked that this is my only response to their testing methods.
"Sure I'll go get some" Cassie says slipping out the door.
"I'll be back in a little and we'll start your testing." Nate says he gives me a reassuring smile and walks out the door. He's not gone long before Cassie returns with water and a pile of clothes.
"Here" she says handing me the water. "I grabbed a few things from the camp storage so you could change out of the hospital gown." She hands me a dark blue zip up and grey sweats. With matching shorts and a t shirt. There soft and smell fresh they're the cleanest clothes I've seen in a while.
"Thanks" I tell her.
"I'll get some of your things from Liam while your in testing" I nod again. I slowly move to put on the clothes. Sensing my struggle Cassie comes leans over and helps me slip them on. We move in silence as she helps me sit up and puts the shoes and socks she brought which were also new on my feet. The silence is comfortable. Neither one of us feels like we need to talk to prevent things from getting awkward. She helps me in a wheelchair and I'm taken to another room down the hall from where I am. I try to look around and take everything in but I do t see much before I'm slipped into the room. Nate is there with another older looking woman.
"The is Meryl she will be helping us with your PT" says Nate motioning you the woman.
"Hi" I say with a small wave.
"Hey Ella how are ya feeling" she asks me coming closer.
"Good"
"Alright I'm going to have you stand up for me okay"
That would be the easiest of the tasks I was asked to complete of the day.