Fifteen

Liam's POV
The clouds have gone and the sun is setting into a sea of warmth. Chubs was helping Zu with her castle in the sand and Ella was sitting on one of the towels she had found, staring at the water. I wonder over to her and plop down on the towel next to her.
"Had you ever been to the beach before this" she asks
"Yeah a couple times as a kid my brother and I would go a lot. You?"
"Once when I was little we took a family trip to Virginia Beach." She replies.
"Did you have a big family" I ask
"I had an older brother and a younger sister." She sighs
"Wow I didn't know that" I say
"I don't like to talk about it" she says looking down
"Oh sorry- I didn't- I just" I stutter
"No it's okay I sometimes think it would make me feel better if I told someone" she sighs
"Oh" we sit in silence before she leans back into her hands and begins
"When I was nine I accidentally made my sister forget about my whole family with my powers." Her voice cracks as she talks. "We were playing in our backyard and I was holding her and then the next thing I knew she was screaming and didn't recognize any of us." She leans her head back looking at the sky holding her tears in. "It was a week before I got taken to a camp. My parents figured I had powers and they called someone to have me taken away." She looks at me her eyes wide. "Thats why I didn't want you to know about my powers I can't control what they do and I didn't want to hurt anyone else." Her eyes are filled with pain as she stares at me.

Ella's POV
We sat in silence for a while longer watching the sun drop in the sky. Liam was stretched out next to me propped up on his elbows. His hair was messily tousled from the water. I kept periodically glancing at his shirtless body out of the corner of my eye every now and then making eye contact with him and quickly looking away. I turned to look at Chubs and Zu's progress on their sand castle it was just visible in the diminishing light. I turned back and jumped a little. Liam had sat up and his piercing blue eyes bored into my own. His gaze fluttered from my eyes to my lips and then back again. I turned my body so I was facing him more straight on. My body leaned closer into his as if it were magnetized to it. He carefully brought his hand up to my cheek, but before I could feel it touch my face his soft lips grazed mine. We both froze for a second before I pushed back into him wrapping my arms around his neck and reattaching our lips. We probably could have stayed like that forever, but our moment was broken when the sky opened on to us and the rain began to pour down. We pulled apart and hastily grabbed our things as we dashed back to the cover of the van.