Nine

I walk back out of the bathroom to find Liam. The reality of what I had just done hits me and I start to feel sick suddenly I'm not in the gym anymore and I'm in my backyard with my little sister. I'm running over to her and I scoop her up in my small arms. I get this odd feeling in my head and suddenly she's screaming and floundering in my arms trying to get away from me. I put her down and yell for my parents. I don't know what's happening I didn't hurt her.

I crash back into reality and feel tears surfacing. Choking them back not wanting to create a scene or cry in front of strangers I look around trying to find Liam. I can't find him and the image of my sister screaming and trying to get away from me keeps appearing in my head. I feel arms grab me and turn to face Liam.
"Hey are you okay" he asks a concerned look on his face.
"Yeah I'm fine let's go." I snap grabbing his arm and walking toward the door.
"Hey wait" he says pulling me back " did you get it"
"Yeah now lets go" I say again pulling him through the door. We burst through the door and the cool night air hits us. We parked the van a few blocks down so it wouldn't look suspicious. I turn and start walking as fast as I can toward it wanting to get as far away as possible from that stupid gym.
My shoes catch on a crack on the sidewalk and I tumble to the ground.
"Woah are you okay?" Liam's asks running up to me, he has ground to make up because of my haste to leave.
"Yeah I'm fine" I half yell as I rip my stupid shoes off and throw them across the parking lot.
"What happened in there Ella" Liam's asks "everything was great until you went in and got the map and now..." he pauses trying to get his words right. "You just seem off"
"Yeah well when you get away from reality for an hour like that and you see what you have been missing for the last seven years. It's hard when what your life is actually like smacks you in the face and you remember that it's not all sunshine and daisies." I yell at Liam. He's quiet for a second before he grabs me pulling me to my feet and then into a hug. Mad thinking this I'm not the time to hug it out I try to pull away,but he just hold me tighter. I finally give in and relax letting my body melt into his.
I pull away and start walking again.
"Wait" I exclaim turning to Liam and rotating his body around. I grab his shoulder and jump onto his back. "You park like 15 blocks away and I ditched my shoes" he laughs and just starts walking  towards Betty.
We get to the van and slowly get in Chubs and Zu are passed out in the back waiting for someone to come take them. Liam's starts the van and slowly pulls into the street.
"We probably shouldn't stay in a neighborhood tonight." Liam whispers quietly to me. I just nod and look out the window thinking about the night.
"Do you ever imagine what it would be like if we didn't have powers" I ask looking at Liam.
"Uh kind of why." he asks.
"I don't know it's just that If I wouldn't have been born with these stupid powers one of those girls would have been me." I sigh. "My biggest worry wouldn't be getting put into a camp or even killed. It would be my SAT scores and what colleges I'm trying together in to." Liam laughs. "What" I ask
"It's just that I don't think many of the girls in there were thinking about what college their going to." Says Liam. "None is those girls in there were like you"
"What is that supposed to mean" I mumble
"I don't know Ella" Liam sighs "your just different. Not a bad different a good different a really good different." I sigh deciding not to inquire further and look out the window again. "Besides" he adds "if we hadn't been born with powers I never would have met you"