Eleven

Ella's POV
I wake up to quiet voices and sunlight shining on my face. Zu is still quietly snuggled up next to me sleeping. I slowly slide out from my sleeping bag so I don't wake her.
I creep to the front seat and perch myself between Liam and Chubs who are analyzing what I'm guessing is the map.
"Good morning sleeping beauty" Chubs chimed.
"Yeah whatever." I mumbled waving my hand at him. I look at Liam who is giving me an almost sorrowful expression like I just found out my dog died. I give him a puzzled look. "So what's it say" I ask curious.
"Well this isn't just a piece of the map" says Chubs. "It looks like it's at least a whole half."
"Well do we still need the other half or..." I question.
"Yeah but luckily I think this shows us where to find it" Chubs beams pointing at a point in the map.
"Cool" I answer deciding not to bother questioning in further. "So are we going or...."
"Well we need to find a gas station and we're worried that Betty is kinda drawing a lot of attention so I thought since we kind of know the town a little we would go find one." Says Liam.
"Cool" I remark as I grab my shoes out of the back and slip them on. "Lets go."
We walk along the road in silence for a while.
"So are you good from last night. You seemed a little shaken up after?" Liam questions breaking the quiet.
"Yeah I'm good" I reply. Not wanting to get into any detail. Liam's just nods. We walk for a little longer before I see a sign in the distance.
"There's one right there" I point to a shell station sign. "That's not too close to town we should be fine if we stop there"

Liam's POV
We are almost back to the van when suddenly I hear a smack and Ella falls to the ground next to me. I look over and see lady Jane pointing a Gun at me and suddenly I'm on the ground writing in pain from the noise.
"Thought you could run me off the road and stop me from catching you" She snaps. "Guess what you gone up in price since the last time we met. And your little girlfriend here well once I bring here in I'll be set for life." Ella is also on the ground writhing in pain from the noise.
"What do you mean she's just a green." I inquire through bared teeth.
"Oh is that what she told you" lady Jane cackles.  "Maybe you shouldn't trust people that you find on the street" lady Jane looks towards Ella and then back at me a try and get up but a harsh swing from the butt of lady janes gun  sends me back to the ground and everything slowly goes dark.
I wake up on the ground Ella's still body is next to mine. And quickly get up and move to her checking her pulse. It's not strong but it's their. Lady Jane is no where to be seen, so I loop my arms under Ella's body and make the rest of the short journey back to the van. Once I'm there I find Chubs and Zu tied to a nearby tree. I gently set Ella in the van and go to untie them.
"God damn man. That was lady Jane" yells Chubs.
"Yeah" I sigh.
"How did you get away." He asks
"I don't know" I mumble as I pick up Zu and carry her to the van ignoring Chubs further questioning. I set Zu down next to Ella. Her eyes begin to flutter and she suddenly snaps up straight.
"Woah, woah. You should probably lay back down" I stutter to her.
"Yeah but did she leave Liam, are Chubs and Zu okay, don't we have to go." She croaks her voice raspy.
"Yeah everything's fine" I respond. "Chubs load everything in the van we should probably get out of here." As Chubs readies Betty for our departure I reach to grab Ella who still has not laid back down. She seems to regained most of her senses. My theory is confirmed when she smirks,
"bro what happen to you some old lady beat you up."
"Yeah and I'm pretty sure it's your fault" I snap back at her.
"Woah, what did I do." She demands. I look at her for a second thinking over what lady Jane had said.
"Show me your eyes" I demand.
"What" She remarked.
"Ella show me your eyes" I order. She looks and me he eyes growing wider.
"Look all you want" She gulps
"Not those eyes." I Snap. "Your eyes" I demand putting emphasis on the last word. Zu and Chubs have stopped in their tracks and are watching us closely. Ella slowly looks at the ground and then back up at me but instead of the gorgeous brown eyes I was used to I was met with irised that reflected a glowing rainbow of color.