Twenty-Seven

Ellas's POV
I finally get to move into a regular cabin today and begin my actual training. Training that doesn't just revolve around my ability to walk by myself. I haven't really gotten to meet the other girls I'm staying with but one of them is Cassie and she is the only person here that doesn't treat me like a bomb about to explode. Even Liam tip toes around every discussion and interaction we have. I don't have much, but a box of clothes that I've accumulated over my time here.
"Woah here I got it" Liam says sliding the box out of my hands.
"I can carry a box I'm not two" I mumble as I brush past him and make my way to the cabin. Once we're inside a take the box from Liam and slide it under my bed.
"Hey I have to go my guard shift starts in a couple minutes but come find me if you need something Ok?" Liam says looking deeply into my eyes. I sigh and turn my head to the ground. Liam brushes his hand across my cheek turning my face toward him. "Ok?" he says again quieter this time.
"Ok" I mumble back.
"Ok I'll see you tonight" He then pecks my cheek and is out the door. Cassie comes in holding a folder.
"Here's your schedule and a few other things maps and such that your going to need." She says handing it to me. "If your ready I can take you to your first training session. Most of yours will be private due to your special capabilities, but you will still have plenty of group activities to go to." I nod and we make our way to the session.
Cassie leads me to a dark room that doesn't have any windows. The only other person in the room besides us is a scrawny kid probably a little older than me that Cassie says is an orange and isn't going to help me control that portion of my powers.
"Alright I'll let you two get started" Cassie smiles to me before leaving the room and closing the door.
"Hi I'm Alex" the kid says shaking my hand. I smile. "We're going to do several exercises to help you work through your Orange abilities."
"Sounds good" I respond
"It's not going to be easy so I hope you ate a good breakfast" Alex laughs. And with that we begin.

Liam's POV
It had been a long day. After my guard shift I had 3 other training sessions. I felt exhausted. I made my way to the pavilion hoping that Ella would be done so she could meet me there. It scared me not being able to have her by my side all the time, but she's tough so she'll be ok I hope.
"Hi!" Her voice snaps me out of my thoughts. I look up to see Ella running down towards me the biggest smile I've seen from her in a while cracked across her face. She collides into me her arms embracing my body. She presses her lips to my temple before sitting on the bench beside me.
"Your first session must have been good" I say smiling at her.
"It was incredible. It's the first time since the incident that I haven't felt helpless. I felt strong and badass again." She says her eyes full of life.
" you've always been badass" I argue.
"Whatever. Can I have that" she asks pointing to the roll on my plate.
"Yeah go ahead" I say smiling at her as she starts devouring it. "So tell me all about it what did you do"
Stifling back her food she mumbles "I will but I missed my therapy session today and I have to make it up in a little and I need to go shower but I'll come find you after" She chokes down the rest of the roll and takes a drink of my water before getting up. "I'll see you in a little ok" she begins to walk away but I stand grabbing her hand and pulling her back towards me. As she turns I interlock our lips quickly. I pull away to see her mildly stunned face.
"Alright see ya later" I laugh before walking back down to my cabin.