Twenty-Nine

Ella's POV
I fell back on to the bed in shock. "I'm sorry" I say staring at my hands not wanting to look at him.
"Woah hey it's ok"he says gently sitting down next to me. "You didn't hurt me or anything I'm fine" I continue to stare at my hands.
"What did you see" I ask. "When you were in my thoughts what did you see"
"We we're back in the shack" he says. I look up at him finally to see his eyes fixed on me. "When you were tortured. I could see it all happening all over again."
"I've never done that before" I mumble. "Been able to let someone see my thoughts. I've taken memories and controlled people mostly on accident of course, but I haven't been able to do anything like that before."
"Your training must be doing something then" Liam says
"Yeah I guess" we sit in silence for a while my body aches and I can't feel my head. I hadn't told anyone this but with all the night mares I hadn't been sleeping more than an hour or two each night. In my training we talked that when I don't have control over my emotions I will be more dangerous; it will be harder to control my powers. If I want to control my powers I have to have control over my body first. I'd never felt less in control than I did the last couple of weeks. I was exhausted, but I was scared to sleep. I hadn't noticed, but Liam had grabbed my hand, and was fiddling with my fingers and tracing the lines on my palm. I felt bad. He was being forced to take care of me every time something happened. He didn't need that. He had his own stuff to deal with. His own training he probably had to get up early tomorrow he didn't need to be awake with me right now.
"You should go back to your cabin and get some sleep" I tell him. His focus breaks from my hand.
"I think I should stay here with you" he says his brow furrowing.
"I'll be fine you really should get some sleep though" I say squeezing his hand
"But I can get sleep here... with you" he smiles nudging me. His smile softens me. I decide to have this conversation tomorrow.
"Ok" I sigh. He gets up and flips off the light. Tossing his shirt to the side he slides into the bed next to me.
Liam's POV
Once on the bed I grab Ella and pull her so she is nearly completely on top of me. We had been at the camp for a while eating everyday, but I could still feel her prominent ribs protrude from her torso. She nestles her head into the crook of my neck and whispers "good night liam" lightly in my ear. She places a soft kiss to my neck and then she gets very still and her gentle rhythmic breathing begins. I trace her ribs lightly with my finger.
"I love you Ella" I mumble into her ear, but her body doesn't respond to my words and she just continues to sleep.