j.hs | 1 | Hero

🇴​🇳​🇪​🇸​🇭​🇴​🇹​🇸​ 🇦​🇷​🇪​ 🇦​🇱​🇸​🇴​ 🇫​🇴​🇺​🇳​🇩​ 🇮​🇳​ 🇹​🇺​🇲​🇧​🇱​🇷​

Summary : A royal never turns against their kingdom.

H e r o

Music | BGM : A Hero Within | MrEpicOsts / James Paget | Play unti end of fic〗

"What is it that you are afraid of?"

Hoseok jumps, his head whipping to the side to stare at the approaching female royal who wore her usual teasing grin.

"Ah, Princess." he mumbles, stepping to the side to let the woman step farther into the balcony. Her eyes closed gingerly, a sigh leaving her pretty pink lips. "I told you that you are allowed to call me by my name whenever we're alone." she whispers softly, earning a small apology from the knight beside her.

Giggling, she shakes her head, "Now tell me, what has you shaking?" she leans against the railing.

Hoseok averts his look towards the sky, marveling across the blue painted canvas. "It's nothing, your Hi-[Y/n].." he replies, a smile appearing across his lips.

In spite of the reassuring smile he had shown her, it has no effects to the female.

"You can't lie to me." She says simply, her smile softening in the process. Alas, her Knight replied no more. He knows he can't lie in front of her, she knew him as if he's a coin. It was one of her sides that no one dared to face, she can easily tell whether someone is lying or not.

When he didn't utter a word nor part his lips in order to give a proper reply, [Y/n] gently places her hand upon his shoulder, causing him to look at the royal in bafflement.

He was only met with a sweet gaze.

"I didn't choose you because I pitied you, Hoseok," she gives him a close eyed smile, "You have something more that your fellow trainees aren't able to see with their eyes." The princess raises her finger and taps his chest, "It's just there," her eyes remained fixed against his wide ones. "Hidden within you." She didn't say anything after that, she stepped away and gave him a ladylike bow. Casting him one last eye smile, she retreated back to the hall.

Hoseok didn't know how to react, he knew how to feel as of the moment; troubled, lost, flustered.

It was the talk of the inhabitants in the castle and the Academy when it was rumored that the Princess was to assign a Knight to her side by orders of the King before he had passed away due to his severe wounds a day after the war.

Which happened a year ago.

Hoseok clung onto the railings of the balcony, heaving another heavy sigh. He can still remember it freshly, it remained new to the mind.

It was just another day in the Academy, the trainees are sparring against the Knights and those who pass will tackle on the next test before proceeding on.

It was that certain day when the Princess, accompanied by viceroys, stroll around the training grounds. Scanning the trainees in hopes of finding the Knight suitable for the young female royal, who that day, looked unimpressed despite the men giving in their best efforts.

It was her presence that led to their success, perfectly passing the first test.

In spite of the achievement, she had hung her head low and shook it.

That is until the sound of a sword falling to the ground disrupt the silence.

The princess was quick to move on her feet, politely weaving through the crowd just in time to witness a fallen trainee. His sword down on the ground with one of the Knight standing as victor.