j.jk | Imprint

🇴​🇳​🇪​🇸​🇭​🇴​🇹​🇸​ 🇦​🇷​🇪​ 🇦​🇱​🇸​🇴​ 🇫​🇴​🇺​🇳​🇩​ 🇮​🇳​ 🇹​🇺​🇲​🇧​🇱​🇷​ 

Summary: In which Jungkook reminisces about the days he had with his beloved human.

A/N: So this was a request—it was months ago and I'm only posting it now fml.

I m p r i n t

Music | BGM : Butterfly ◎ Instrumental / Piano ver | BTS | Play on Loop〗

It's raining again.

Jungkook takes note of this little detail as his finger follows a trail of raindrop against the fogging surface of the window. His eyes are anything but empty, but they do reflect a twinge of melancholy and unease.

The stormy grey sky flashes white, and he flinches ever so slightly at the crackling sound of thunder that succeeded right after it. His heart paced inside his chest, reminding him of the terrifying life he had before this one.

Back then, he was always so alone—left to fend for himself as he scurried around the dark streets preying around for scraps of food. He had to run all over cities and get trampled on by those who wished to capture him.

"Kookie," his ears are sharp enough to hear the gentle whisper of his name—if it's even considered a whisper.

It could not even be a mutter.

Heck, normal humans won't even be able to hear it at all.

But he did.

Maybe that's because he's part human and part dog—a hybrid, a beloved hybrid under the care of his beloved human owner.

Standing up from the rather comfortable couch beside the fairly large window, he walks towards the dreadfully white bed, his tail not doing its usual wagging motion. His ears, instead of being up and quirky, are left flopping over his hair.

He situates himself beside the bed.

Beside his human.

Beside you.

"[Y/n].." he mumbles, looking over your pale form with his glistening eyes.

If only you could look at him right now and comfort him like you used to, he would be alright.

".. Wake up?"

You were only sleeping—you were dreaming.

You aren't dead, no, you were only put to sleep.

But he doesn't want that, he wanted you awake, he needed you awake so you can hold him through this storm.

But you didn't wake up.

Your eyes remained shut, concealed to the beautiful world you helped him see and helped him accept.

It was you who did everything for him to overlook the negativity, but to focus solely on the upside in this dark world.

You're his light—his comfort, his haven.

But now, you're fading away into the clutches of the same darkness he was once held into, and he can't do anything about it.

He can't pull you back, he can't.

He would if he could.

".."

Jungkook whimpers yet again, his ears drooping even more if that's possible, as he buries his face upon the soft pillow near your face. He can still smell the faint scent of [fav/flower] off your soft tresses of [c].