j.jk | Let Me Know

🇴​🇳​🇪​🇸​🇭​🇴​🇹​🇸​ 🇦​🇷​🇪​ 🇦​🇱​🇸​🇴​ 🇫​🇴​🇺​🇳​🇩​ 🇮​🇳​ 🇹​🇺​🇲​🇧​🇱​🇷​

Summary : "No one else but you."

A/N : It's a Jungkook spree, but I promise I have many other members [especially the hyung-line] plotted out—man if only you can see my drafts. Well, this one diverges off the heavy angst and has fluff in it, consider it as a... gift after "Imprint"! 

L e t  M e  K n o w

Music | BGM : Make it Right | BTS | Play on Loop〗

"You.. l-like me?"

The jumpy sound of Jungkook's voice entered your ears, and you nod shyly, staring at the ground as you kick several rocks at the playground. Tiny hands rubbing against the other as you wait for his reply.

"I'd choose no one else." you mumble.

As a child nearing adolescence, it's not a surprise when you have a crush on one of your playmates. And Jungkook just happened to be the one you had taken a liking to.

"I-it might be strange since you're my best friend b-but I've taken a liking.."

He couldn't believe his ears.

Was he dreaming?

Right now?

"I'm supposed to tell you a bit later but I can't wait, so.."

He tries pinching himself, but pain only came up, and he began wincing involuntarily. This isn't a dream.

And your confession that he's hearing certainly isn't, too.

"L-let me know, alright?" you stutter, a blush creeping up.

Having known him since four, you're bound to like him sooner or later. At the middle of fall, right now, you confessed.

"[Y/n].. I.." he stammers, and you took a small peek at his reaction;

Unsure, hesitant, and blue.

You start digging your shoes to the ground, nervous. Somehow, you just have a bad feeling. But this is Kookie we're talking about, perhaps he may—

"I'm.. I don't like you that w-way,"

Everything around you began falling apart.

"Sorry, but I really don't. You're my best friend and I don't think I'd be able to see you anything more than that.." he's careful of what he's saying, you know it, may it be so that he can't hurt you -which already happened- or because it's awkward.

You couldn't blame him, a rejection would feel awkward.

Depressed, you nod numbly at him. Fearing that if you were to speak, then only hiccups would come out in spite of the absence of tears. You don't even think you can face him anymore after embarrassing yourself like that, naively thinking he'd like you back. Only to face reality at such a young age, and how the sweetness of liking someone can only come back at you with bitterness tenfold.

From your peripheral, you see him scratching his neck, unable to speak anymore. You understand, what could he say to you after that? Nothing, you're just a kid, a hopeless romantic.

Slowly, you turned around and began walking away once you're sure he wouldn't be saying anything else than apologize for not seeing you the way you see him.

"Wait, [Y/n].." you hear him utter, and you stopped in your grounds, back still facing him. There are no tears in your eyes, just the bitter aftertaste of rejection and the wound still sorely open.