Ch 23 I quit

"Mommy mommy, wake up , you have to wake up." "Awe,  just 5 more minutes baby mommy's really tired okay. "But there's a man at the door." I instantly jump up and get out of bed throwing my sweatpants on and grabbing Everin to take her to her room. "Sweetie please stay in your room don't make any sounds okay." I give her a kiss on the forehead and close the door behind me, walking into the kitchen grabbing a knife. I tiptoe to the door looking out the peephole to see who it was.  Ever since Everin was bored I was very protective of her I don't trust any man around her unless it's her uncle or grandfather.

 "Mrs Allen I...my names is Lucas Lanson i spoke with you on the phone Sunday i'm here to renovate?" I face palm as I realize how stupid am for forgetting that he was coming to renovate the apartment . "I unlock the door and open it just a little. "Can I see your Id please?" I ask." "Uhh...yeah." He pulls out his walled from his pocket taking out a card. he hands it to me and take it closing the door. I inspect it to make sure it's not fake and it's not so I open the door back up. "You can come in." I open the door all the way and let him. Forgetting that I had the knife in my hand I throw it over to the couch. "Your not planning on killing me or anything are ya?" He asked me. "Sorry I uh.. I'm little over protective." I reply to him. 

"Of what?" "Mommy." I turn my head to see Everin standing at the end of the hallway. "Baby what did mommy say, I told you to stay in your room." I rush over to her and pick her up. "But I was scared I thought the bad man got you." "No sweetie he can never get me, okay now go back to your room i'll be there in a minute okay." I put her back down and she walks into her room. "Sorry about that,  so the living room is what needs work the most so you can start there I have to get to work so when you leave the landlord will give you the extra pair keys no working after 6pm and I don't want any work done in the bedrooms unless i'm here and please do not speak to my daughter I don't want her talking to strangers. "Yes ma'am i'll get to work right away Mrs, Allen?"

 "Miss, and you can call me Sonya. I shook his hand. "Thanks I really appreciate it." I leave him to do his work and walk into Everin's room to get her ready for daycare. It was Thursday and I still didn't have all the money I needed, I only had half so i'm hoping that Mrs, Washington accepts that until next Friday. "Alright pumpkin lets get a bath." I place her in the tub and begin to wash her hair. "Mommy who was the man that you were talkin to." "He's here to fix up some things okay, he's gonna be here for a while, but I don't want you talking to him, okay?" "Okay mommy." After her bath I wrapped her up in a towel and brought her to her room to get dressed, I grabbed her blue jean shorts, and white sweater and put that on her.

 Now it was time to do her hair. I grabbed the Cantu Shea butter leave in conditioner and put in her hair making her curls more shiny and moisturized.  I finished with an orange bow on her head and put her tennis shoes on. "Mommy we get breakfast today?" She asked as I finished with getting ready. "Not today sweetie mommy overslept you can eat breakfast at daycare. I pulled her book bag on my shoulder and grabbed my purse. "Let's go baby." I grabbed her hand and we walked out the door and got into the car. It's like this everyday in the morning, i'm always running late for work and can never get there on time, and then I have to hear my managers mouth. I pull into the driveway and quickly get Everin out the car and walk inside until i'm stopped my Mrs, Washington. 

"Excuse me Miss Sonya but it's Thursday do you have the payment?" "Uhh... well Mrs Washington I have only half, but I promise I can give you the rest next Friday I just need some ti..." "Oh no I've given you enough time i'm sorry but she can't come here anymore please leave sweetie." This can't be happening right now. "But Mrs Washington please I have to go to work and no one to watch her." She ignores my begging and walks away. "Mommy are you okay." I look down at her. "I'll be okay sweetie, come on let's go." I grab her hand trying to keep from crying. This is just what don't need right now. I drive to my job and quickly walk Everin in sitting at a booth that's in my view. "Okay sweetie I need you to stay here for a minute mommy has to take care of something are you thirsty/" "Mommy I want strawberry milk." "Okay baby but you gotta stay here." As soon as I turn around I accidentally bump into my manager. "Your late again, why is she here."