Ch26 Run

"I can't believe she thinks your her father." I say spreading the paint brush across the wall. "Well you can't blame her, you haven't told about who her father, you haven't even told me, your gonna have to tell her eventually." Getting annoyed I throw my paint brush on the ground taking a deep breath. "Everins father is dead, he died before she was born and that's a topic that i'm not ready to tale about with her. Not yet." He nods head head realizing I don't want to talk about it.  "Hey don't look so down it'll be okay, cheer up." He gives me a little shove but I don't budge. "Come ooonnnn let me see that smile." Ignoring him I turn around continuing to paint the wall when I feel paint splash all over me. 

"Lucas!! you got paint in my hair you ass!" Picking up the bucket of paint I dump it on him laughing at him. "Oh your gonna pay for that." He grabs me by my arms and I scream squirming to get away. He takes one of the paint brushes and starting wiping it on my face. I snatch the brush away from him doing the same to face covering it in blue. "Hmmm this color suits you." I chuckle as we both try to catch our breath. Not realizing that his arms were still wrapped around me I wiggle out his grip nervously giggling but he stops me. "Your beautiful Sonya, you know that? Your a strong beautiful black mother that does everything she can to provide for her child. There's no one like you." He looks me in the eyes wrapping his arms back around me. 

"Lucas...I...I" Unable to get my sentence out Lucas crashes his lips into mine and I move my hands up to his face getting closer to him. "Lucas...we..g..gotta stop please." I say trying to move away but also not wanting too, seeing how I haven't been kissed in years. It felt good, and Lucas is a very good kisser, but it also felt wrong, I wasn't ready to move on. I put my hand on his chest and pull away putting my head on his chest catching my breath. "I'm sor.." "It's okay I understand." He reassures me holding my hands swinging them. "Look at us." I say trying to wipe the paint off his face. "Yeah you look like shit." I smack his arm laughing as we walk outside to get cleaned up with the water hose. 

I was finally off work and I looked a mess, I decided to go home to take a shower and get dinner ready before Mrs Waters brought Everin home. I took Lucas's advice, I know that I may not be ready to talk to her about Jackson but It would be selfish of me to do that. She has to know about her father, I don't want to wait until she gets older and then hates me for not telling her, that would break my heart. Its gonna hurt to talk about it, but she has to know. It was time. I get home and hop into the shower washing whatever paint I missed earlier off and washing my hair. Once I get out I throw on a large t shirt and place my tower on my shoulders so my hair wont get my shirt wet

 I shaved so I didn't feel like wearing any pants, my shirt was long enough. I walk into the kitchen and turn the stove on pouring some water in a pot and placing it on the hot eye. I walk over to the cabinet grabbing the macaroni noodles in placing them in the pot. I decided to make Everins favorite dish, macaroni and cheese and chicken strips. I wait for the noodles to get soft and once they do I drain the water and put the cheese and butter in the pot with the noodles then I pour a little bit of mild into it. I then grab the chicken strips and pour it into the dish with macaroni and cheese mixing it together. I hear the doorbell ring so I fast walk to the door opening it to see Everin and her grandma standing at the door. "Mommy!" "Hey baby." 

she runs and gives me a big hug like she does every time she comes home. "We had a great time today I took her down to the market and picked some fresh veggies and fruits. Mrs Waters hands me a bag of everything they bought. "Awe you didn't have to do that sweetie but thank you anyway. "Mommy we got our favorite fruits and veggies." She grabs onto my legs giggling. "Okay baby go wash your hands dinner's ready, made your favorite. " "Macaroni and Chicken strips!!!" Her face lights up and she runs to her room. "Your welcome to stay if you want." I invite Mrs Waters to stay in. "Oh that's okay sweetie I have to get home and take care of some things but I'll see you two tomorrow for brunch okay." She brings me into a hug. "I'm so proud of you sweetie, you keep doing what you're doing you hear me?" She reassured me.