For the Packs

Zipping through the trees my arrow met its mark and went through it. "Impressive" My uncle Drew told me. Steven and Drew were watching me on this little trip. Mason was protected by my mark, nobody would hurt him now that they knew we were connected.

I haven't seen any of the Mountain Moon guys since yesterday. "He shouldn't have cheated on you but he also shouldn't leave that child without a father," Steven told me and I honestly agreed. "Someone should tell him that," I said as I shot another arrow. I looked at both my uncles that were looking at me, both giving me a look. "Bailey you are the only one he would be willing to listen to. Even if he listens I know he's not going to leave you alone when you are in danger" Drew said as he walked over to me.

"I would be a danger to the pup there" I whispered as I looked in the direction of the Cabin. "Will you go with me?" I asked and they told me I wasn't going without them.

We walked through the woods until we came to the cabin. I could tell he was here. Artie was freaking out as we approached the Cabin.

My uncle Steven knocked on the Cabin door. In seconds Mason was there to get it. Drew kept me behind them. "Please don't. It's just going to add you the pain I already gave her" Mason said making Drew laugh. He stepped out of the Way to reveal me. "Can we talk?" I asked and he nodded. I looked at my uncles and linked them to stay outside. Steven gave Mason a look as I walked inside.

I looked around the Cabin as he closed the door. He turned to look at me, arms crossed, head down but eyes on me. "Mason that pup needs their father," I told him as he closed his eyes. "Bailey..." he started but I kept going. "You're going back, and you're going to be there when that pup is born. Even if it turns out not to be yours you are going to be there" I told him but he shook his head.

"Female werewolves are only pregnant for around 5 months, so your only going to have to be there for about two months, we have been apart for longer," I said as he took my hands. He didn't look happy. "The second it's delivered I'm going to be on my way back," he said as we laced his fingers with mine. "I love you," I told him as I hugged him.

"Promise me you will stay safe," he told me as he looked at me. "I promise," I told him, even if that was a promise I wouldn't be able to keep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 month and 25 days later.

They would be here at dawn for me. Everyone was prepared but it still didn't feel real. I was basically under lock and key. My pack was out ready to fight but I was here being protected, but I came to fight. I was tired of running and hiding. I was getting out there into the fight.

"I love you" Artie pushed out to Max. We hadn't talked since he left, the baby would be delivered soon, then he would be here. But I would probably die before that happened.

I stood up off my bed and went to change into Dark clothing and went into my room. The sun would be up in about half an hour. "It didn't get through" Artie let me know and I thanked her for at least trying. The last thing I told my mate was a lie, but in the letter to him I had pre-written and left on my desk he would know everything I wanted to tell him.

Rachel could give him everything when I was gone. She was already giving him a pup, and I was just putting them all in danger. This was all for the better, all so he could have a better life. He would be Alpha Mason, he would be safe with that power.

I kept hold of my bow as I climbed off my roof and ran into the woods. I found my place in the crowd, right near the front. I stood next to my brother, he knew my plan. He gave me a nod before my father began his speech. He raised the spirits and rallied everyone before we headed to our positions. I headed back to the pack house with the guys, we were protecting the pack.

I headed into the main living room where everyone was. I grabbed an arrow and sat down. We waited and waited for what seemed like hours before something happened. I sprinkle from my seat as I Hurd banging on the front door. I left the room and locked them all in. My mother tried to make me stay but I was going to fight, stand before I would let us get taken.

I stood at the top of the stairs got onto the railing, I had don't arrow aimed as I stood up straight. The second the door opens I cleared my throat. "You know your breaking and entering" I told them making the biggest
man laugh. "And Who are you beautiful?" He asked making me smile.

"I'm The one and only Daughter of the huntress" I told him as I Shot my arrow. And the fight began.