Diner Dash

Ping!

My spoon hit the floor next to the doorway. I have a bad aim when I'm laying down. If I  was standing or sitting up I would have hit the large male ego standing in my doorway. "Do I have to tell your brother your throwing things?" Caleb asked me as I crawled out of bed and walked over to my door. "Do it?" I said with a smile. I grabbed my spoon and walked into the bathroom to rinse it off. When I came back out, he was still there.

"What do you want?" I asked him as I crawled back into my bed. I grabbed my ice cream off my nightstand before looking back at Caleb. The look on his face. It made me want to punch him. It discusses me. He looked... sorry for me. I could handle the whispering behind my back, the childish things he would do and say... but this was a line I didn't think even he would cross.

He looked sorry for me. That made me feel weak. Like I'm less than I am. "I was thinking" he started as he took a step into my room, a step closer to me. "That's what the burning smell was," I said as if just realizing it. He growled before stopping himself and closing his eyes. "We should learn to get along Bay" he got out before I could cut in again. "Why?" I asked as I looked him up and down. I got a spoon full of ice cream as I shook my head.

"Because if we have to be around each other all the time I don't want to fight. And I want you to trust me because your safety is in my hands basically" he told me and I burst out laughing. At least he has a sense of humor. I looked at him and he looked confused... is he serious?

"I can take care of myself!" I growled as I climbed back out of bed. I pushed him out my door before slamming it in his face and locking it. Bastard.

"I was an Alpha!" I yelled at my door. "I'm the daughter of the Huntress! I have alpha blood running through me! I can protect myself!" I screamed before walking over to my bed and crawling back into it. I grabbed my headphones and put on my music.

~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to my music stopping and my phone ringing.  I grabbed my phone and looked at it. FaceTime call from a random number. Then it hit me. Mason. "Caleb!" I yelled, he burst into my room and looked around the room. I held out my phone and he took it.

"Make sure you don't look like you are in my room" I whispered as he walked towards one of my walls. I heard him answer it, he made a very attractive double chin and but the phone at just the right angle. "Won't even be able to tell a difference" he linked me and I rolled my eyes.

"Who are you?" I headed Mason ask before Caleb stuck out his tong. He raised his eyebrows as he looked up at me. "I fucked your cousin!" Caleb said keeping the face he had. "Where is Bailey?!" Mason growled making Caleb go quiet. He looked at me then at the phone. I shook my head as I pulled my blanket closer to me. I didn't even want to see him through the phone. Or do I?

"Well, She doesn't want to see you. So goodbye!" Caleb said before Mason yelled no. "She's Mine!" Mason growled before Caleb hung up and threw the phone onto my bed. "I'm scared" I admitted to him. "Don't be, I'll keep you safe?" he said and that made me feel a little better. "Wanna go get milkshakes and pancakes?" I asked him and he nodded. He left my room and I threw on leggings and a hoodie.

I gave him my car keys before hopping into the passengers' seat. I typed the diner into the address before putting on music. He tapped the steering wheel on the beat as I sang my heart out. I hit almost every high note making him a bit shocked. Maybe if I was born a human I could have trained and been a professional singer. Eventually, someone like you by Adele came on and I started singing at the top of my lungs.

"It isn't over!" I screamed really off key making him laugh. I'm glad he likes my singing. "We were born and raised!" I said as I looked to him and put my hand on the face trying to be awkward. He rolled his eyes and tried to ignore me.

"DON'T FORGET ME!" I snag before he skipped to the next song. I laughed as he smiled at me. I looked into his eyes and I saw the change of emotion before he looked back to the road.

~~~~~~

Just as we put the tip on the table Cullen linked us telling us to get home. Mason and his men were at the border.

We hurried back to the car by the time we got a link that the border patrol was being attacked and for warriors to report there. But it wasn't Mason or his men it was Rouges. I shifted and took off in the direction the link said. Not far from where Cullen said Mason was.

I tour into the clearing. I spotted my warriors and the Rouges, so I started fighting. Minutes later I spotted their leader killing wolfs easily. Having Alpha blood I would stand a chance, so I charged. I ripped into his side. I patched in and he threw me off. He looked me up and down as I stood up.

I saw Caleb making his way towards me. The alpha charged at me and I dodged, I got his leg and yanked. The skin from his leg hung off as he whimpered.

I started towards him and he took off running. I chased after the injured Rouge, out of the territory and into neutral lands. I lunge and got ahold of him. He threw me off him and I took a chunk of his back with me. The headlights lit up the road, several black vans I could see from my peripheral vision.

Several men got out of the cars with guns. Obviously werewolves by their smell. I pulled myself to my feet as I spit out the blood that I was covered in. I would smell like a pack wolf but I would be unreadable beyond that.

Masons scent hit me as the wolf lunged at me. I dodged and got his back leg again. He whimpered as the other pack watched in shock.  He got free then got my neck, he started biting down before he was ripped off me. Caleb ripped out his neck as I lay there in the light of the headlights. I pulled myself to my feet, there was still fighting going on.

Caleb growled at me as I tried to go back to the fighting. So I took off running, I heard Masons men behind me. I killed rouge after rouge, and they helped. When it was over and they were all dead Cullen walked towards Mason and his men. Cullen shifted back and looked at Mason and his men. "You're not getting what you came for so you might as well leave," My brother told them. Mason growled before shifting.

"I came for my Luna, and my Luna is what I will get. She's mine!" Mason yelled. "You can barely protect your packs what makes you think you can protect her?" Mason asked a minute later.

"My sister doesn't need protecting" Cullen snapped. Kinda funny coming from the one who ordered Caleb to protect me. Don't ya think?