Have Faith

I curled my hair and did simple natural makeup. I put on a lilac purple romper and a pair of tan flats before leaving my room and heading to breakfast. Our packs and Rivers kept together but separate from Masons. I was the only female in both packs. And the only one wearing a shirt. Mason sat at the end of his table, an open seat right next to him. Something in me told me it was for me.

"Morning Luna" Rivers and My pack all said when they saw me. I smiled and replied "good morning" as I walked down the rows towards my brothers. I could tell Masons pack was watching me. I was the only 'luna' here, and according to who my mate is, I'm theirs.

Caleb followed behind me, he took the seat next to me. In the middle of breakfast, a woman and man walked in late. I wouldn't have noticed them if it was not for what Cullen said. "Is that Jennie?" He asked getting my attention. I looked at them, and it was Jennie. Cullen's ex, and my former best friend. She just disappeared years ago. We all thought her and Cullen would be mates, she would have made the perfect Luna. She abandoned the pack, abandoned her family. Harley her older brother was here, ever since Jen left he had watched out for me.

Mason stood from his seat making everyone look at him. "Rouges at the border" Mason said. Mason ran out the door with several of his warriors. Cullen stood up, everyone looking to him. I stood from my seat before turning to look at Harley. "Baileys is in charge" Cullen announced before Harley and he ran out of the house. Jen stared at our brothers until they disappeared.

"Who the hell is she?" One of the older men growled. "Lockdown. I repeat lockdown till the threat is terminated" I said and the pack started moving, locking doors and windows. I walked to the front door and helped latch it. I made everyone head to the finding room and what guards stayed with me keep everyone hidden, and away from me.

I will do what I must to protect the pack. I uncovered my hands and took a seat, the second that door opened I would let it out. All of it, whatever it takes.

Caleb was in the room with those of Masons pack who couldn't fight, the women, elders, children, etc. I was alone, and that's how I wanted it. I pushed a bit of light out the door and I could feel them approaching, running towards the house.

I stood up and took a deep breath. I heard the men shift into human forms, saw their naked bodies through the window as they approached the front door. They started ramming against the door, trying to break it open, and they did. The second it opened and they looked in I raised my hand and sent moonlight at them. They went flying backward, burned. The thing we pine after, killing us.
I slowly went down the stairs, they screamed as my light found all of them. I heard Their screams.

"What is that?" I heard people yell, the guards had come back, "the goddess!" Someone yelled. I kept pushing to kill them all, pushing beyond I knew I could, but being careful of others. "Stay back" Harley yelled to everyone. My hands were burning, but I was almost done. The rouges screamed in pain as the others talked of how they were saved, but many just stayed silent.

I heard someone behind me "it's just me, you need to stop. You have given enough" Caleb linked me. I pulled the light back into me, the sun still barely rising. I put my hands down and looked at them, I looked at all the burned bodies, the mass killing. They would have done the same, but to the pack, I told myself. My skin was glowing, I was still glowing. I saw Mason, Cullen and all the warriors towards the tree line, staying away from me.

I pushed out my light and felt more coming. I took my light away from me. Showing my long blonde hair, my hands were shaking as everyone looked at me in shock. "They can Finnish the rest," Caleb told me. But the second more started running towards the house I snapped. They were all dead in seconds, my light was an extension on me, I could tell my hair was flowing in the light. My face was a blur in the light.

"The gods are on our side!" Kent Masons Gamma yelled before them all cheered. I turned and looked at Caleb, he looked ready to catch me in I was gonna fall, and I was gonna. My light went out and I went falling. He caught me as my brother came running. Blood started running out of my nose, mouth, and eyes. "It's okay" Caleb assured me as he scooped me up.

"Stay back" Harley growled at the other pack. The three of them carried me inside and to my room. Caleb put me in my bed, as soon as my head touched my pillow I was out.
~~~~~

I felt the heavy silk blankets wrap around me. I was so warm, I felt safe. The bed was so comfortable I felt like I was laying on a cloud. But the scent hit me and I realized I wasn't in my bed. I sat straight up and looked around. I was all alone in the grey bedroom, under black silk covers. I climbed out of the bed on unsteady feet and walked over to the desk on the far side of the room, papers covered it.

I spotted pictures on the dresser. Picture after picture with people from this pack. Mason and Jeremy, Mason wearing a cap and gown. He graduated from human school, unlike me who was homeschooled. Pictures oh him and his prey, unlike normal humans he carried no gun.

Masons room, the pictures showed that even though I already knew. I looked down at what I was wearing. A pair of shorts, my bra, and underwear and one of Masons shirts. I looked out the window and you could basically see the ocean from here. When outside you could smell the salt in the air.

We weren't at the pack house, but I could tell we weren't far. We were maybe in one of the different houses near the pack house. I walked to the door and walked into the hallway, across from the bedroom the door was open. I looked in the office to see Mason asleep at his desk. I closed my eyes and listened, it was just up in this house.

"Where are you guys?" I linked my brother, Harley, and Caleb. I made my way down to the front door before unlocking it and walking out onto the yard. I saw my pack and Rivers pack training with Masons pack in the large open yard. I smelled another pack mixed in, the mountain moon. I spotted Kai and Chris with their backs to me, not far.

Maya and Dalton were walking towards them. Dalton stopped when he saw me, a smile spearhead on his face. "Sister!" He yelled before he started running towards me, the others and many of the soldiers were looking at us.

He pulled me into his arms, Cullen and Caleb started running towards us. "I'm fine" I assured them.