Chapter 1

Ashton's P.O.V

My eyes open, temporarily blinded by the bright florescent lights. I have a pounding headache and my throat is sore. It feels like I'm getting sick. I sit up, taking in my surroundings. I'm laying on a comfortable bed and there's a heavy metal door on the wall in front of me. The bare walls are almost blinding against the harsh lighting. I turn my head to the left, seeing a glass wall. I furrow my eyebrows.

Where the hell am I?

I try to run through the events that brought me here. My hands grip the sterile white sheets as I get more and more frustrated.

I can't remember anything.

I rack my brain again. Only two things come to my mind.

My name is Ashton Irwin. I am eighteen years old.

The more I try to remember anything about my past,the more my headache worsens. I rub my face with the palms of my hands. Why am I here? Who's keeping me here? Why is there only a glass wall allowing me to see an empty room?

I examine the room more closely. There's a bed just like mine. On the wall where the bed is against there are markings painted in red. Only, I have a feeling that it isn't red paint. There's something written below the markings. I'm still so disoriented that I can't even read it.

I attempt to stand up, but fail miserably. A sharp pain shoots up through my right leg. I scream out in agony, falling to the ground face first. Tears gather in my eyes as I roll over on my back. For a while I just stare at the ceiling.

Where the fuck am I?

After what feels like an eternity, I finally pull myself up off the floor. I wince in pain as I limp back to the bed. I let myself fall onto it. I feel exhausted and want to sleep, but the adrenaline is still pumping in my veins. My brain goes into the fight or flight response. It starts making me think through my options.

I could try to fight whoever comes through that door, if anyone comes through the door, or I could try to run if the door opens.

Neither of those options work because of my leg. Hopefully it will heal itself soon. If it doesn't, I'm screwed. I reach up to run my hands through my hair, which is long enough for me to look at. It's curly and dirty blonde. I can barely remember what I look like.

This amnesia thing is driving me crazy. I want to remember, but I can't. Something is blocking me from my memories. My eyes drift to close, the overwhelming feeling of exhaustion washes over me. I need to escape but I don't know how.

I finally let my eyes close as I can't stand the feeling of my heavy eyelids any longer. I need to figure out a plan, and quick. As my mind starts to think of my plan, I drift into unconsciousness.

-------

I wake up when there's a sudden loud bang. I sit up, looking around to see what made the noise. To my shock, there's a girl laying in the room on the other side of the glass door. She's laying there almost completely still. I can't tell if she's been knocked out or if she doesn't want to move. I can't see her face, but I can see her vibrant blue hair. She's wearing a loose white shirt and loose white pants. I observe her for a while, amazed that, that room is inhabited by another person. I thought maybe whoever was staying there left. After a while, I decide that she's asleep. I lay back down and let myself drift back into sleep. That's the only place that seems safe.

-------

I am woken up once again. But, not by a door slamming. It was a bang on the glass wall. I look over, startled. The girl with blue hair is staring at me. She raises her eyebrows, like she expects me to do something.

"What?" I say.

"Where'd you come from?" She snaps.

I sit up, swinging my legs over the side of the bed. I wince as a slight bit of pain appears in my leg. "Where'd you come from?"

"I've been here for a while now," She says vaguely.

I sigh, rubbing my eyes with the palms of my hands. "This isn't helping." I look up at her. "Do you know where we are?"

She shakes her head. "We could be in the middle of the ocean for all I know." She looks me up and down. "Let's start off simple, what's your name?"

I give her a small smile. "From what I can remember, it's Ashton Irwin."

"You have that amnesia thing too?" She asks. The genuine curiosity in her bright blue eyes almost makes me smile. I'm almost shocked at how pale her skin is against her blue hair. She almost looks like a ghost.

I nod. "It's a real bitch, isn't it?"

She grins at my choice of words. "I've been trying to remember anything since I got here."

"Do you know how long you've been here?" I ask. She doesn't seem to be scared about being here. Almost like she's comfortable.

"I'd say about two weeks," She responds, a sad smile on her face.

I don't think I could've handled being here all alone for two weeks. It's amazing that she hasn't lost her sanity. I'm glad that I won't be going through this alone, but also sad about it. That means she'll go through the same thing that I will. And I have a feeling whoever is keeping us here isn't going to be kind.

"Why weren't you in there when I got here?" I ask. It's strange that she didn't come back in until later.

"I was in some kind of room," She explains. "It's like they put you in a room of your worst fears. I don't know how they know them, but they do. There's cameras everywhere in that room so I'm guessing someone is watching me go through that pain."

I shiver. Whoever they are, are real sadistic sons of bitches.

"What did they do to you?"

Her eyes darken and her eyes drop down to look at her feet. "They first tied me to chair. Some man walked in and put a bunch of snakes around my feet. Poisonous ones as far as I could tell. They left me in that room for what felt like hours. I'm sure they were laughing at me begging to be let go."

"I'm sorry," is all I can think of to say. We're quiet for a moment before I remember something. "You never told me your name."

She looks back up at me. "I'm Kyrelle Vega. But you can call my Ky." She pauses a moment before a smile spreads across her face.

"Welcome to the Panic Room."