Chapter 10- "I.N.Y."

I called every day.
She stayed on my mind because I knew what door I opened up for her. Gina was a target if my thoughts were correct.

If Ryheem cousins and them knew he was associating with Gina and he disappeared right after being with Gina.. she'd be targeted.

if i was correct.

Sometimes her momma answered her phone sayin she was sick. But I knew Gina would hand her the phone when I called sometimes. I understood and didnt take it to the heart.

I kept calling.

I felt entitled to calling. She was always there for me at me worse. Getting more fed up with not touching her or atleast being in her presence affected me. Scared me because what would i do if they got to her?

I would lose my shit.

I grabbed my keys and was out the door. A crackhead popped up across the street and headed towards me. They usually had the street gossip so I waited for him to address me about it.

"aye yo King of the crack townn crack town break it down my niggaaa!!.. got any dope dope dope for me?" Raymond said twitching.

I nodded my head knowing that was the only way I'd get Raymond to talk about shit. I handed it to him and watched him study it with fascination. "Word on the street Ryheem dead and they want the person who killed him" Raymond said quickly, I listened and shook my head.

" Yea. but I seen his whip in this neighborhood a couple weeks ago. You know I don't snitch or talk much im too busy eating crack but a couple other crack head's opened their mouth about seeing his whip not too long ago" He knew what it was. Raymond knew his disappearance had something to do with me.

Shit, everybody knew.

I nodded my head and gave him more dope. "Thanks for the news Ray" I said getting into my car.

"And you too for the dope! shit fuck its christmas" He walked off joyfully stuffing the crack in his dirty saggy army fatigue pants. Raymond was a good looking army dude who took a turn for the worse once his daughter died from a bullet with someone else's name on it.

I felt sorry for him but you know, shit happens.

I could've walked to Gina's but I didnt feel like it. Parking outside I noticed Gina walking out,going somewhere. She looked somewhat okay but knowing what I know, I knew she was feeling miserable inside. I watched intently until she saw me. Giving me a double glance she skipped down the steps and rushed towards my car.

I didn't expect her to hop in my car but she did.

"Drive" She instructed quietly without looking at me. I was confused and wanted to know what was wrong. I pissed her off cause the next thing you know she's shouting at me to drive again.

"Okay okay, damn" I said pulling out, making me think of where to go. "It isn't safe out here now for me" She said while looking out the window. I knew exactly what she was talking about but I didnt want her to worry about her safety. I wanted her to know Id watch her, I'd protect her atleast.

"They're watching me" She said almost sounding like she was on the verge of crying. "They knew he was with me and then you happened to show up and now he's missing so they're watching me, waiting to take me." She had gotten louder and I realized she was having a panic attack.

"Gina!" I stopped the car and stared at her as her chest heaved uncontrollably just like before. She didnt blink or move a muscle. Her body tensed up as she went into shock. I pushed my seat back all the way to pull her on my side.

She positioned herself comfortably on top of me. I turned the music to a soothing station and made my windows more black so you couldnt see anything at all inside.