Chapter 23- The Message

"My nigga in trouble?" Kayden's ex, Natasha asked Chris as they spoke through her front door gate.

Chris then nodded his head eagerly,hoping Natasha would beat the shit out of Regina 'til she was unrecognizable.

Natasha and Kayden go way back, way before the word 'toxic' was thought of.  The only thing that kept those two together were the messy, abusive fights. They loved to fight while arguing just to have make up sex and one day? It wasn't always them fighting. They had good moments from trapping together on the block and boosting from high end stores.

When they would hop in the engine ready car after stealing hundreds of expensive items, Natasha would watch Kayden's excitement as if it was the best thing she'd ever witnessed. The bright look in his expression made her feel happy. He'd buckle his seatbelt on and pull off before they could hear the sirens. As soon as the coast was clear, Kayden would abruptly pull over, unbuckle his belt, and crash himself into Natasha's lips with so much force as if he couldn't breathe another second without Natasha's soft lips.

She had long hair before but at that time she had it cut to the middle of her neck and always had her hair press silk. Slipping her hair behind her ear was mandatory thing. When she did this, you could see her blue butter fly tattoo on her light caramel, smooth skin. Her sexy eyelashes went long with her brown cat shaped eyes. Her body did this thing where it curved in all the right places, making it hard for Kayden to keep his hands off her short self.

He paired perfectly with Natasha because she was down for anything, no matter what. He adored her for being by his side rather than being alone in crimes. Peanut and Chris were still apart of his life but he connected to Natasha romantically and freely without any tension. Kayden knew he was in love the second he decided being with a girl was more enjoyable than being with his homeboys.

Kayden would watch Natasha when she wasn't looking all the time. Her neck, arm and chest tats made him even more infatuated. Each tattoo told a story created by Natasha's own life and that influenced Kayden to get a couple of his own.

Meaning, a lot.

They were that couple you'd be interested in learning about how they met.

The thrill of their heist and strong willed relationship ended when Kayden made awful mistakes in one night. She couldn't register how quick it happened. It was a home invasion that went completely wrong. They went in mask ready, searching the perimeter to make sure no one was home. As they rummaged through drawers,closets, and broke open safes with ease, a little boy submerged from his hiding place.

Four people lived there to be exact.   Two adults, one child and a young girl around fourteen, fifteen.

The two adults were out on a date while one of the children were at their friends house for a sleep over. The babysitter had just left the house before being alerted that the parents were close by.

He knew there were strangers in his house but he seen the good in everyone and hoped if he asked nicely enough that the people would put his parents belongings back and leave. The little boy took small steps towards the loud sounds coming from the parent's bedroom. He rehearsed his last time and took a deep breath before stepping into the door way's brightness.

A shot rung out immediately before he could finish his sentence. Natasha whipped her head to the small body of a boy lying down on the floor flat on his back. The blood spilled from the back of his head and lips. a distraught scream escaped from her that caused Kayden to loosen his grip on the gun and rush to her to cover her mouth. He could feel her hyperventilating against his tightened chest. His ears rung loudly but he could still hear Natasha's muffled scream of terror. Kayden snapped out of caring for Natasha and rushed out a "let's go" to get out of that house.