1. Hatred

Nabin

As I was about to close my locker, my best friend, Joohee, appeared behind me. She was about to scare me, until I saw her through my mirror and stopped her.

"I can see you! So don't even think about scaring me." I said, before closing my locker.

"How did you even know I was behind you?!" She asked.

"I saw you through my mirror." I replied.

"You're no fun." She pouted as she crossed her arms.

"I know." I smiled.

BELL RINGS

"Come on, let's go to class." I said and she nodded.

On our way to class, I accidentally bumped into someone as we turn the corridor. I was about to apologize until I looked up and saw him.

Choi Yeonjun.

"Watch where you're going." I warned him, as I bumped into his shoulder and walked away.

"Nabin!" I heard Joohee call after me, before she quickly apologized to him and ran towards me.

"What the heck was that?" She questioned.

"What do you mean." I answered, bluntly.

"YOU bumped into HIM," She emphasized those two words, "Why didn't you apologize to him?"

"Because he doesn't deserve it." I deadpanned.

"Why?"

"Because I don't like him."

"But you usually apologize to people you don't like anyways."

"Well that's because I absolutely loathe him."

"Loathe him? You guys have never even talked before Nabin! Wait, have y'all?"

I remained silent.

To avoid her question, I looked at my nonexistent watch and gasped, "Would you look at the time! I'm going to be late to class! I'll talk to you after class, bye!!" I said, before quickly walking away from her.

As I got further away from her, I wasn't watching where I was going so I accidentally bumped into the locker.

"Ow!" I yelled in pain as I massaged my forehead.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" I heard a familiar voice ask me. I stopped massaging my forehead and looked up. It was my crush, Taehyun.

"Y-Yeah I'm okay." I stuttered and my cheeks turned red from embarrassment.

"How did you end up crashing into the lockers?" He chuckled.

"I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." I laughed awkwardly and he ruffled my hair.

"Watch where you're going next time, or else you'll have a red spot on your forehead again." He said, before walking away from me.

I raised my eyebrow in confusion, "Red spot?" I whispered to myself as I took out my phone and went to camera mode.

I checked myself through the screen and gasped, "Oh my god! Taehyun saw me like this?! How embarrassing!" I commented, before putting my phone away and ran to class.

Yeonjun

"When are you going to talk to Nabin?" Beomgyu asked. "It's been 2 years since you've had a crush on her. It's about time you man up and ask her out on a date."

"How can I do that when she literally hates my guts?" I questioned.

"I don't know." He shrugged.

BELL RINGS

"Wow, thanks for the help. You're such a great friend." I said sarcastically, as I closed my locker and walked away from him.

"Hey! Wait for me!" I heard him yell, before closing his locker and running to catch up to me.

As I was on my way to my class, I accidentally bumped into someone. I looked down to see who it was and it was Nabin.

I was about to apologize until she interrupted me, "Watch where you're going." She warned me, as she bumped into my shoulder and walked away.

"Nabin!" Her friend, Joohee called her name.

She looked at me, "Are you okay? Sorry about that, she's not having the best day?" She apologized, before taking a glimpse at Beomgyu and running to catch up to Nabin.

"Damn, she must really hate you if she told you to watch where you're going. She didn't even apologize." Beomgyu stated.

I wish I knew why she hates me so much. I've never talked to her before, so it doesn't makes sense why she hates me. I sighed.

"Come on, let's go to class before Mr. Hwang gives us detention for being tardy again." He said, before the both of us started walking to class.

Nabin

When the bell for lunch rang, I immediately got up from my chair and walked out of the classroom. I went to Joohee's classroom and waited for her outside.

While I was waiting for her, I took out my phone and started going through my social media. As I was going through my social media, I saw Taehyun walk out of the classroom so I took my eyes off of my phone to look at him.

When he saw me, he suddenly winked at me before walking away with his friends. I felt butterflies in my stomach, as a smile started forming on my face.

"Did Taehyun just wink at you?" Joohee said as she walked out of her class. Briefly glancing up at her, I just shrugged.

"Wait," She suddenly stopped, "Nabin! Are you blushing?!" She asked with her eyes zeroing in on my face.

"N-No!" I instantly denied while stuttering.

"I ran here! That's why my cheeks are red!" I claimed.

"Bitch, you're telling me that your cheeks are red because you ran? Do you think I'm dumb?! You better tell me NOW, or else I'll go and tell Taehyun you like him."

I immediately surrendered.

"Fine! I am blushing! What are you going to do about it?!" I questioned.

"Nothing." She giggled.
"I just wanted you to admit it." She said as she winked at me.

I rolled my eyes, "Come on, let's go get food." I said, before walking to the cafeteria with her.