14

"Fuck." Ashton groans, rolling over in his bed and slamming his hand on his phone to stop the alarm. "It's too fucking early."

     Ashton nearly goes back to sleep, until he remembers that he's letting Calum, and he rolls back over to call Sierra.

     "Dude, oh my god-" Ashton gasps when Sierra answers the phone. "I'm meeting Calum today."

     "Yes, get up!" Sierra shrieks through the phone. "Go snatch him up so I can meet him!"

     "You don't care about me meeting him, just you." Ashton laughs.

     "Precisely. Now go get some coffee and get ready. Bye!"

     "Bye." Ashton smiles and hangs up the phone.

     He has like, two million thoughts running through his head at the moment. Some about Calum, but mainly about Luke; mostly hatred for the fact that he's a dumbass, though.

     'Will he be different in real life?'

     'Will he like me?'

     'What if I'm awkward?'

     'What if we don't work good together.'

     'How am I supposed to tell Calum I still have feelings for Luke?'

     'What if Calum hates me for it?'

     'Luke and I can't ever get back together.'

     Part of Ashton longed to be with Luke again, though. He pushed back the memories of their relationship for so long that he no longer remembered the taste of tequila on Luke's lips as they danced in their living room in the middle of the night, or the sun warming Luke's chest in the morning as the pair laid together. Part of Ashton longed to have the memories back, but the other part of him- the part that was terrified of hurting Calum- wanted to put as much distance between Luke and himself as possible.

     "You literally don't ever listen to a single fucking word I say!" Ashton screams at Luke as he hold back the tears pooling in his eyes.

     "It's not my goddamn fault everything you say is bullshit!" Luke screams back, tears freely falling from his face. Ashton stops trying to hide his own at the sight of Luke's.

     "I'm the one talking bullshit? Seriously? You're the one who's so self-centered and bitchy you can't even stop for one second to realize you're driving me away! Can you even see what the fuck you're doing?"

     "I do everything for you! I moved across the fucking world for you and left my fucking family, are you fucking joking?" Luke scoffs.

     "I didn't ask you to move here. You made the fucking decision. It was all you."

     "Because I loved you, you fucking moron!"

     "Loved?" Ashton stops, his breath hitching in his throat at the realization of what Luke just said.

     "Ashton-"

"When did you stop loving me?" Ashton chokes up, tears welling up in his eyes again as he backs away from Luke.

     "Ashton I didn't, I'm just mad and I didn't-" Luke pleads. Ashton is done listening though, and it's obvious to Luke that there wasn't any fixing this.