45

"Okay, but what if-and hear me out-what if we just moved to London together and lived in a little apartment and we walked everywhere? And it would all be new, no drama, and-"

     Calum laughs. "We were talking about one of us moving and all of a sudden we're both moving to an entirely different country? An entirely different continent?"

     Ashton nods.

     "No." Calum shakes his head. "We both know you don't hate LA as much as you say you do, and I am absolutely not living in London. Too cold, too rainy."

     "Oh, you'd love Seattle then." Ashton mumbles.

     Calum rolls his eyes. "I think we should move to Pasadena."

     "Pasadena?" Ashton looks up in confusion. "Why the fuck do you want to live in Pasadena?"

     Calum shrugs. "They've got the flower thing."

     Ashton sighs as he drops his head into his hands. "Oh my god," He whispers. "Are you talking about the goddamn Rose Parade?"

     Calum grins.

     "Oh my god." Ashton chuckles. "You're ridiculous. I'm not living in Pasadena, especially when the Rose Parade also brings the Rose Bowl. Not happening."

     Calum groans, resting his head against Ashton's shoulder. "Oakland?"

     "Are you just fucking naming less famous cities in California now?"

     Ashton buries his face in Luke's pillows as he groans softly. "I really, really hate this whole giving up my daughter every single weekend, thing."

     "At least you get to hang out with me." Luke smiles.

     Ashton looks over to Luke. "Shut up." He shuts his eyes.

     "One week until Australia." Luke says softly as he runs his fingers through Ashton's hair. "Maybe you'll even reconnect with your family." He states sarcastically.

     Ashton chuckles. "I doubt it, thank you though."

     "It's going to be fine, Ash." Luke says quietly as he rubs Ashton's cheek with his thumb. "And if you really can't handle them you can come to my house, okay? My parents would love to see you."

     Ashton takes Luke's hand in his, rubbing it softly as he smiles. "Thank you."

     "So are you doing okay, besides the crippling fear that your family still hates you?" Luke asks.

     Ashton rolls his eyes. "You're annoying." He scoffs. "And yeah, I guess. Also slightly afraid of Crystal and Michael parent-trapping us, so that's nice."

     "You're still going through pictures of him, aren't you?" Luke raises an eyebrow.

     Ashton shuts his eyes as he sighs. "I miss him." He whispers. "I don't even understand why. It's not like I want to even see him."

     "I know." Luke says sadly. "But you're not making it any easier on yourself, love."

     "I should just fuck someone else and move on." Ashton laughs.

     "Is that- Is that a request?" Luke asks.

     Ashton's eyes widen. "Absolutely fucking not, not ever, holy shit-"