49

nsfw warning was here

     Calum's eyes shoots open as a siren blares on the street below. "Shit." He mumbles, leaning up on one elbow and reaching to the nightstand for his phone. He groans and drops back down on the pillows when he remembers what he did. "Dramatic ass bitch." He rubs his eyes.

     Duke whimpers softly on the pillow next to Calum as he stares at him with bored eyes. "Hey man. You got the time?" Calum raises an eyebrow at the dog. Duke's brows furrow, before he jumps off the bed and trots out to the living room. "Tough crowd." Calum mutters as he rolls up to a sitting position on the side of the bed. He groans as he looks at the clock on his wall, reading it slowly since he usually looks at his phone for the time, and he grows incredibly confused. 8:49 p.m.

     "Damn." Calum laughs. He threw a tantrum, then passed out for four hours. He was kind of impressed with himself, he hadn't slept for four straight hours in months.

     Calum stands up, walking to the living room in search of Duke. He finds the small dog chewing on a shoe on the couch. "Bro..." Calum trails off as he lets out a defeated sigh. "I don't even care. I don't care." He runs a hand through his hair and walks to the kitchen. He begins to make a cup of coffee, before remembering it was almost nine o'clock and he definitely shouldn't make coffee. He did however need a new phone.

     Calum runs back to his room and pulls his nightstand drawer open. He digs around in it until he finds an Iphone box, pulling it out and sitting on the bed with it. Calum opens the box to reveal a scratched Iphone 7, his last phone that he hadn't been without for very long. Calum scolds himself as he turns the phone on, pissed at himself for even having to do so.

     When the phone turns on, Calum is faced with a cute picture of Ashton on his lock screen. He took the picture on Christmas Eve, when it snowed in Northern California and Ashton hauled Calum and Lily up there so they could see the snow. Calum remembered how happy he was that day. He missed it. He ruined it.

     Calum tries to unlock his phone with touch id, but fails as he has to type in the code because it had just turned on. He tries his current combination, and Duke's birthday. He then lets out a loud grunt when he remembers it was set as Ashton's birthday. "Fuck." He says loudly. "zero-seven-zero-seven-ninety-four." He sings sarcastically as he types in the numbers. Calum rolls his eyes when he sees his home screen, a picture of him and Ashton laying in bed together on the morning of New Year's day.

     Calum gets his service switched to the phone, and immediately dials Ashton's number.

     "The number you have tried to contact has been-" Calum was blocked. Ashton finally blocked him.

     'Final nail in the coffin.' He thinks. It's not like he didn't deserve it, he was horrible to Ashton. Ashton just wanted to be happy and Calum tried to destroy it. So Calum sighs, and dialed Luke's number.

     It rings.

     It rings again.

     It rings four times before Luke doesn't answer.

     "Hey, this is Luke–Or Lu, or Lucas–Off topic! I didn't answer and I probably won't call you back, but if you text me I might reply. Leave your name so I don't block you. Thanks!" Calum listens to the entire voicemail as he laughs.

     He missed Luke. He was there when Luke recorded his voicemail message and if Calum listened really carefully, he could hear himself faintly laughing and mocking Luke in the background. He fucked up and he missed Luke a lot.

     Calum doesn't hang up after he listens to the voicemail, though. He waits for the tone, and begins talking. "Hey, I know I– No. I didn't just fuck up, I know that. I'm a horrible person. I deserve to be ignored by you and Ash–Ashton. But I really want to talk, you deserve an explanation, so does Ashton. I'm sorry." He hangs up and falls back on the bed, sighing.