34

this was also a nsfw warning
sex

     "If anything-absolutely anything-happens just call me and I'll be on the first flight back." Ivy sighs as she holds Lily in her arms, rubbing her back.

     "Alright." Ashton nods his head in agreement.

     "Don't forget, she's allergic to-"

     "Cats, blueberries, shrimp. I know." Ashton replies. "We've been over this a hundred times. I've got it."

     "Okay." Ivy smiles halfheartedly as she sets Lily down and kneels down in front of the small girl. "I'll be back soon, sweetheart. Be good for your dad, okay?"

     "Okay mommy." Lily smiles big, wrapping her arms around Ivy's neck once more. " 'M miss you."

     "I'm going to miss you too, sweet girl." Ivy says. "I'll call you guys, I promise."

     After two more goodbyes, Ivy leaves the apartment. "Let's play, daddy!" Lily cheers, grabbing Ashton's hand and leading him to the living room where she pulls her dolls out of her backpack and lays them out on the coffee table. "glad I here, daddy." She smiles suddenly, throwing herself into Ashton's arms.

     Ashton chuckles, wrapping his arms around his daughter. "I'm glad you're here too, sweet girl."

     Ashton runs his hands through his hair, sighing as he stares down at the forms on the counter in front of him. "Fuck." He hisses as he leans down, resting his elbows on the counter and placing his head in his hands.

     "I told you you can't keep staring at these, babe." Calum frowns, rubbing Ashton's back as he moves the forms away from his boyfriend.

     "I have no idea what the fuck I'm going to do, Cal." Ashton looks up at the boy, tears welling in his eyes. "You're leaving in a week and I'm- I am so fucking confused."

     "I know." Calum gives Ashton a sad smile, running his fingers through Ashton's curly brown locks, still damp from the shower. "And we'll sit down tomorrow and go through everything again and we'll figure it out, okay?"

     "How is this time going to be any different than the last five times we went through it?" Ashton groans.

     "Because the social worker's going to help us, alright?" Calum smiles. "She'll explain everything we don't understand and she'll help us figure it out."

     "What if it's a bad idea?" Ashton asks. "What if I get sole custody now, and Ivy comes back and-"

     "It's been a month, baby." Calum leans against the counter. "You've read that text five hundred times, it's the same text every time. It didn't change the day after you got it and it's not going to change when you read it next week."

poisonivy: you're better for her. my life is too hectic, i'm too busy, i can't be there for her. i'm waiving my parental rights and you can have custody. i know this is a shitty way to do this but i'm not coming back. i need to start new. thank you for taking care of her, ashton. maybe someday i'll be better, good enough for her. i'm sorry. goodbye.

     "She said maybe someday she'll-"

     "Ash, that doesn't mean shit and you and I both know it." Calum laughs dryly. "She's a piece of shit and you knew that before she even left. I know it'd be easier for her to come back but she's not."