20

"Please call me if you need absolutely anything, okay? Anything at all and you can call me at any time. I don't care if you wake me up at three in the morning my time. I'll answer." Calum tells Ashton as they stand in the airport hugging.

     "I know, Cal." Ashton laughs. "I will."

     Calum smiles into Ashton's shoulder at the sound of Ashton laughing. Ashton hasn't laughed in over a week, and hearing him laugh was the most refreshing thing Calum had heard in a long time.

     "Are you gonna be okay?" Calum pulls away.

     "Yeah, I'll be fine." Ashton smiles, taking Calum's hands in his.

     "Are you sure? Because I can-"

     "I'm okay, I swear." Ashton states. "If I'm not, I'll tell you, okay?"

     "Okay." Calum smiles.

     "Anyway, you've got Sierra camping out in my house so-"

     "One, she chose to stay there and two, you know you're happy about it." Calum sasses back.

     "Yeah." Ashton chuckles. "I'm not good at being alone."

     "I know." Calum replies. "I have to go now."

     "I know." Ashton says softly as tears begin to well up in his eyes.

     "You can not possibly be crying." Calum scoffs. "Do you have any idea how much you've cried in the past week?"

     "I know right." Ashton laughs. "I'm surprised I have any tears left."

     "I'm going to miss you." Calum says.

     "I'm going to miss you too." Ashton sighs. "I'm sorry I broke when you just came here for a good time."

     "It's okay." Calum smiles. "Just know that I've seen you at your worst and I didn't go running, so there's nothing you can do to get rid of me now."

     "Okay," Ashton laughs. "Have a safe flight, alright?"

     "Okay."

     "Text me when you land."

     "I will." Calum laughs.

     Ashton cups Calum's face in hands and kisses him softly. "Thank you for being the sweetest person on the face of the earth. I don't deserve you." He whispers.

     "You deserve the world, love." Calum says. "And you're welcome. I know I'm awesome."

     Ashton laughs. "Maybe I'll come to Australia next time."

     "I thought you were never going back?" Calum raises his eyebrows.

     "If you're there, I might just have to." Ashton replies.

     "Okay." Calum smiles. "I'll see you later."

     "I'll see you later." Ashton kisses Calum again, before embracing him in another hug.

     They pull away and Calum grabs his backpack, turning away from Ashton as he walks to the gate.

     Calum tells himself to not turn around under any circumstances. He turns around and breaks his own heart. He waved to Ashton as both boys stand with tears in their eyes.

     Ashton waves back, tears falling as he wonders how any human being could possibly cry as much as he did.

calumhizzle: miss me yet?