Memories

Early in the morning, a humming sounds came from the kitchen where Jewel cooked breakfast

When she stopped humming, silence and loneliness immediately enveloped the whole house and its owner, since no one is there but her.

Turning off the stove, she moved the cooked pancakes to an empty ceramic plate.

When she finished decorating the pancakes and put them on the dining table, before landing her bottom on the chair, she took milk from the fridge and an empty cup pouring it while walking back, add some jazz in the background and there we go. Isn't it romantic? of course, it's not.

Sadly she wasn't allowed to date anyone, well she ain't complaining, she doesn't care about love anymore, as long her family and friends with her she doesn't mind.

Anyway, halfway done eating the delicious pancake, her phone lit up showing the caller id.

'Don't answer'

What do you want hyunee? that's the first thing she thoughts before the phone lit up again by the same person who called a few minutes ago.

Giving up, she replied in a rather hoarse voice expecting Baekhyun's loud abnormal voice and she was instead greeted with a flat voice of Sehun.

She nodded now and then at the explanation of why he called, in short, he was bored and he forgot where he put his phone, so he steals his hyung phone because he can.

"Yulie, why do you always tease everyone around you but when they tease you, you don't react too much like getting shy, embarrassed, or something?" The girl goes silent at his question.

"Yul?" He called breaking the silence. "Anyway, need to go. Bye.", "Bye."

Jewel leaned back in his chair, the question he had just asked a moment ago by Sehun trigger a memory from her past, a memory she didn't want to remember anymore.

Why now, why did you ask that Sehun? Without realizing a single tear escaped from her eyes. no, no I'm not allowed to cry over him anymore.

Wiping her tears away, her memories carry her back to where she first fell in love with a boy she always runs into when she wanted to buy ramen or buying snacks in closest groceries store who's also her friend in school.

This happened several years ago, more exactly 5 years ago when she was still living in London. When she was transferred to school there, she did not know what to do or even comfortable with her surrounding, but, she was very lucky because there was a boy who wanted to help her adjust to the school.

And they become friends in less than an hour and often hang out together after school, weeks to months, months to years, without them even notice their friendship began to grow to something more romantic.

One year before Jewel moved to another country, she wanted to convey her feelings to the boy she had considered as a best friend, or rather we could say the person she liked.

February 14, On Valentine's Day. Walking around with a box of chocolate that she made by herself, she starts looking for Simon (Says urin real vibe killer-). She later found him who was talking to his friend. She almost called out his name and approached him but stopped after seeing Simon hugging and being lovey-dovey with a girl around her age.

She conceived herself by saying that the girl who's with him is just his cousin, but the next thing he said made her stares in disbelief at his direction.

"Nah, that transferred student- wait who's her name again, ah, right, Minami. She is nothing but a waste of time, she's no fun. You guys can have her as your toy, I'm done with her. Oh, yeah, can you also ruin her mind? I'm tired of her looking at me in the hope that I will love her back."

Slowly Jewel walked away from the secluded part of the rooftop and went back to her class, she looked at the box she was supposed to give to Simon.

She stood up and put the chocolate box on Simon's table after making sure there was no one in her class and return to her seat to continue her activities. After feeling the bitter reality of falling in love, she promised she would never fall in love again, forever.

After remembering a little bit of her past, Jewel leaned back in her chair suddenly feeling dizzy and close her eyes suddenly wanting to fall asleep rather than having to recall her bitter memory again.

- To all the readers who read this, I love you all so much for staying to read this crap. LOVE YOU