Replica

Year: 2021

Year: 2021

AU? : Yes

I might change the title later but- enjoy suffering, lmao-

"So, today I'll be introducing your new member, come on step out." A young-looking girl with an average height stepped out from behind the wall, cheeks flushed at how much attention she gets. "H-hello. I'm Yesun." She timidly introduced herself.

The boys coos at her cuteness bombarding her with questions and some even introduced themself.

"Hehe... I was born on November 23rd, 2001."

"Ah, so you're the new youngest." A new voice butted in from inside the opened studio room followed by a head peeking out. "Hey, I'm Jewel."

"Ah, you..." Yesun smiled almost a little too forced at the other girl. "I'm Yesun." For a minute Jewel is sure that Yesun rolled her eyes at her in distaste, well who wouldn't? she is in her oversized hoodie that reached her mid-tight and covered her short, her hair styled into a messy bun with round glasses as the final touch, exactly looking like a couch potato that drowns themself in cliche dramas and does nothing but being lazy.

"It's nice to see all of you get along but, Jewel comes with me." Jewel's manager voiced out after being silent for the whole introduction things.

"Bye, everyone." Even though Jewel's voice is loud enough no one seems to bother to even say goodbye to her, which is okay since they're having a new member today.

-

Coming back home after her busy schedule she manages to buy her members food before going back to her home, planning on having dinner together as the welcoming party for the new member-only to see darkness and no one homes. "Guys?" She called and dropped the food on the kitchen island after finding sticky notes that are stuck to the refrigerator door.

We're going out to celebrate Yesun joining our group.
-Seventeen

'Um... okay, they probably don't invite me because I'm busy.' She smiled at the thoughts of how her members care so much about her health, but also a bit disappointed since she's now all alone.

-

"Hey!" Jewel sits down beside Yesun happy finally being able to chat with the younger girl. "Can you please keep your voice down, you're hurting my eardrums. I hate it." Jewel nodded sheepishly at the girl's comment. "Sorry." She smiled but only to falter after seeing Yesun rolled her eyes at her.

"So I always wanted to ask-" Jewel's voice cutted due to Yesun's complaint yet again. "Ow, don't speak so near in my ear it hurt. Please keep a distance we don't know each other that close yet." Yesun absurdly stands up and walked off to search for the attention of the boys.

"Ah, it seems like, my attitude isn't lady alike anymore. Should I call Guanlin for the help of fixing it? But, he's busy." She chuckled humorlessly. 

-

Days after days month after month after Yesun debut, Jewel feels like her presence isn't needed from the boys nor Yesun like she's void that there just to fill in her place and nothing else expect when she messes up a little and her voice cracked. "Hyewon you're an idol for 6 years and also a soloist for 3 years. But why can't you do better than Yesun who's considered rookie?! Focus!"

Stopping completely from her activities, she only nodded at the outburst from her group member. "I'm sorry, please forgive me. I will do better. Just give me one more chance." Her plea for forgiveness falls on deaf ears at Yesun statement. "If you can't do that part just give it to me, I promise won't make you disappointed." Half of Jewel wanted to trust Yesun and give her part to her but she also couldn't, it means she will lose all of her spotlights in the album. "I can do it-" Seungkwan's voice cutted her. "It means yes Yesun, now let's get back to practice!"

Jewel smiled through the pain that's greedily eating her heart out making it aches with the need to voice her thought that she's suffering because of all the treatment that she received from those who she has considered family. "So, this is my end-game right?" She smiled to herself seeing how perfect Yesun was made to replace her position, a perfect replica of her but wittier, smarter, cuter, bonus it with a fresh and youthful visual she can't help but think that Yesun was indeed is far better than her in every aspect. "Multitalented youngest. I'm jealous."

-

Today's is the first fan meeting after the group recent comeback, Jewel is seated at the last seat with Yesun beside her, enjoying herself that's until a fan just skipped her over after receiving Yesun's signature. At first, she didn't mind it but after a while, some of them either skipped her or asked her for a signature then leave her alone without any interaction.

Picking her mic up she finally voiced her suspicion. "Which is better at aegyo? Me or Yesun?"

Yesun!

Yesun snatched Jewel's mic. "But, Jewel is also good right?" She asked.

You're better!

You're cuter!

Jewel shakes her head and looked up preventing her tears from slipping out. 'No, I'm stronger than this. You already experience it before. It's alright.' She conceived herself that she's okay as long the fans are happy.

We are celebrating Yesun's birthday, just go head to sleep first.
-Seventeen

"Where you guys have been without me?" Jewel asked the member that's entering the room one by one.

"Out with Yesun, today's her birthday. Be a little happier." Dino answered yawning already.

"Without me? What am I to you guys?" Jewel raised her voice a bit.

"Can we just talk about it tomorrow? Can't you see everyone is already sleepy?" Jeonghan said and entered his room and so are the other guys leaving Jewel alone to calm the waterfall that's pouring from her eyes.

-

Walking along the long hallway to her CEO's office, she clutched the note that's left by her group member to her chest somehow finding it comforting. She knocked and entered bowing. "I know it's sudden but, I would like- no love to cut all my connection with Seventeen and will start working as a full soloist. Is that possible, sir?"

"Would you like to join NU'EST instead? Your talent is everything, and what's everyone has been searching for."

"I'd love to, but, I want to try something new by myself...... even if that means I should quit the agency to pursue it......"