A Warning and a Name

Bakugou put his head on the desk and listened to the lessons with half an ear. Last night had been incredibly short.

After he had found his own name on the list, he had read the whole page name by name. But apart from Kirishima's and his own, he actually didn't know a single one. He had gone back to bed and decided to sleep for a few more hours before his alarm went off. But again, and again his thoughts wandered back to that ominous list. Why was his name on it and next to Kirishima's of all people? More importantly: Who wrote this list?

Bakugou had briefly considered whether a villain, perhaps even the league of villains, was responsible for this. But if that were the case, then what list was it? A list of members? A hit list? But Bakugou knew that it wasn't. There was no reason for the names to be arranged in pairs, and if someone really wanted to do something evil with these people, they would be stupid to put everything neatly on a list. Aside from the fact that they could have used normal paper and pens.

Bakugou knew there was something odd about this list, but he couldn't think of what it was. For a long time last night he had racked his brain and had only slowly fallen asleep when morning was already dawning. And shortly afterwards his alarm went off resulting in him coming to school incredibly tired.

The ringing of the bell announced the end of the lesson. Bakugou made an irritated face. Only two lessons left and he could go back to bed.

"Bakugou! Please stay here for a moment!" he heard Aizawa say.

Now Aizawa wanted something from him? Oh great. In a bad mood, he went forward to the teacher's desk while the others left the classroom for lunch. Kirishima gave him a quick look, but Bakugou just shrugged and the redhead followed Kaminari and Sero outside.

"What's up?" Bakugou asked grumpy.

Aizawa frowned at Bakugou's ragged tone of voice. He looked at the incorrigible boy and sighed before he spoke. "You know that everyone here at UA has been on high alert since the incident in Kamino. We have taken you here to the dorms so that we can protect you. So why did you leave the dorm last night?"

Bakugou froze. He hadn't thought that leaving the building for a short time at night would be a problem and certainly not that anyone noticed.

"Are you watching us?" he asked, frowning.

Aizawa's gaze was austere. "Not directly, but there are regular patrols of the area at night and someone has seen you. The system also registered that the front door had been opened with your key. You can't expect us to be able to protect you without keeping an eye on you. And you of all people should be careful, because the league of villains has shown open interest in you."

Bakugou stared at his teacher. Aizawa had a point, but he just hadn't thought about it. Of course he hadn't forgotten the incident in Kamino - he would probably never forget the fact that he had caused the end of the All Might era - but all that was a while back now and he had suppressed it. The traitor had still not been found and it had indeed been unreasonable to go out so carelessly in the middle of the night.

Bakugou snorted, too stubborn for an apology.

"You get a warning," Aizawa said, "Just don't do it again. Now go, before the break is over."

Bakugou shrugged and walked towards the cafeteria.

Most of the others were already finished when he took a tray to get his lunch. At least, the long queue wasn't that long now. Quickly he got his meal and looked around for a free place. Kirishima waved and attracted the attention of the blonde.

"Hey Bakugou!" Kirishima greeted him joyfully. His broad smile showed his pointed teeth and his red hair was gelled up in wild spikes as usual.

"Shitty Hair," the blonde only said, but nodded to him in greeting while he ignored the others at the table.

He ate his food silently trying to get through it as quickly as possible, as his break had become rather short due to Aizawa's meeting. Kirishima kept looking at him, a questioning expression on his face.

"Why did you have to stay?" he finally asked when he saw that Bakugou had finished eating.

Bakugou shrugged. He didn't want to tell him what he had done last night.

"I guess he didn't like me sleeping in class," he lied. Maybe he should tell Kirishima about it, after all, his name was on the list. But not during the lunch break, where everyone could eavesdrop.

Kirishima frowned. He felt he wasn't telling the truth, but he didn't want to push the blonde. He seemed quite tired, what had he been doing last night?

The bell announced the end of the break and everyone stood up to take their trays away.

---

Bakugou counted the minutes until the end of the lesson. When the end of day bell finally came, he moaned relieved and quickly shouldered his bag to make his way back to the dorm. Kirishima saw him leaving the room rapidly and ran after him.

"Bakugou!" he shouted as he tried to catch up with the blonde.

He didn't answer, but slowed his pace a little, so the redhead could overtake him.

"Do you by any chance wanna come to a concert? Kaminari has tickets left."

Bakugou suppressed the urge to refuse immediately.

"What concert?" he hummed.

"Um, frankly, I don't know them, seems to be something indie. The sing-"

"Not my fucking thing." Bakugou interrupted him.

Kirishima looked disappointed but nodded. "If you change your mind, let me know. The singer's name is Suzuki Touru and the concert is next Saturday."

Bakugou froze. "What's her name?"

"Suzuki Touru," Kirishima replied, surprised by Bakugou's sudden interest. "Why? Do you know her?"

Bakugou shook his head. No, he only knew her name. He had read it on the list last night.