In Cupidinis tutela este!

The urge just came over Bakugou. The depth in Kirishima's eyes and his light smile made him weak and without thinking, he gently laid his lips on his own. Kirishima's lips were soft and seemed to fit his perfectly. The redhead seemed surprised for a moment, but returned the kiss and laid a hand on Bakugou's cheek.

When they pulled away, it was as if Bakugou suddenly came back to himself. Why had he done that? Kirishima looked confused and his hand slowly slipped from Bakugou's cheek back into his lap.

"Bakugou...?" Kirishima asked quietly. His reddened eyes were big and shimmering with hope.

The blonde swallowed. What should he say? Suddenly he had a guilty conscience. What was he thinking? He had exploited Kirishima's weak moment. He had opened himself to him and Bakugou had simply kissed him without even being sure of his own feelings.

"I..." Bakugou stopped and swallowed hard and looked away. He didn't want to lie to Kirishima. He just didn't know what he was feeling.

Kirishima nodded silently. Again his eyes began to shimmer. Bakugou was about to take him in his arms again to show him that he cared. But Kirishima shook his head and stood up.

"I get it." he whispered and went to the door. Bakugou watched him helplessly until the door slammed shut.

"FUCK!"

His yell was accompanied by two, fortunately not too big, explosions. There was a sharp smell of smoke in the small room. Bakugou stood up and opened the balcony door to let in some fresh air. The cold air didn't have the soothing effect on him it usually had. Bakugou was boiling with rage and at the same time he felt endlessly helpless. He tugged at his hair. He'd never felt this helpless before. He had always been sure of his actions, but Kirishima just confused him.

It was all that fucking list's fault! He turned around, walked over to his desk and grabbed the parchment roughly out from under the notepad. His palms began to glow. Destroying the cursed thing would certainly be satisfying. He watched contentedly as the parchment began to smoke.

But then he frowned, half angry, half confused. The paper smoked, but still didn't start to burn. The glow of his palms diminished. With his mouth open, he stared at the undamaged edge of the parchment. Not only had it suddenly stopped smoking, but he could also see more characters on the edge of the parchment.

The disaster with Kirishima was temporarily forgotten when he held the paper against the light. He had not been wrong. Where his palm had heated the parchment, there was actually something written. The writing seemed to glow slightly but faded before he was able to decipher anything.

Bakugou looked around his room. He apparently had to heat the parchment to make the writing readable. His quirk didn't seem particularly suited to that. He didn't know how much heat was necessary and he didn't want to use his quirk more than necessary in his room.

As if to confirm his thoughts, his gaze fell on the black smoke marks on his bed and head board. The explosions after Kirishima's departure hadn't been very big, yet his blanket had two big holes. At least his mattress had been saved underneath and only had a slight black discoloration. He made a disgruntled face. It was the first time in ages that he'd blown up anything accidentally.

Annoyed, he went to his bedside table. Didn't he have matches or a lighter somewhere? For a while he rummaged in his drawers until he actually found a lighter.

His thumb was ratcheting over the small cog and a flame appeared. Satisfied, he sat down on his desk chair. He pulled the parchment towards him and held the edge in the flame. It didn't take long for the words to appear. Bakugou frowned. That was definitely not Japanese.

In Cupidinis tutela este!

That was Latin, wasn't it? The sentence repeated itself over and over again and was written all around on the edge of the parchment. What did that mean?

Bakugou sighed and pulled his laptop towards him and opened it. He typed the sentence into Google Translate and stared at the cryptic sentence the program spat out. The translation wasn't usable for anything at all.

He rubbed his hands over his face and tried to remember the little Latin he had at school. He began to translate the individual components.

Okay. Este was the imperative plural of esse (to be). And in alcis tutela esse meant "to be under someone's protection" ... Now he was just thinking about this Cupidinis. After a short research he found out that it was the Genetiv Singular of Cupido.

Cupido. Even before he searched for the translation, he had an idea. Cupido sounds a lot like Cupid. He entered the word. Besides the meanings like lust and desire, Cupido actually meant Cupid, the god of love.

Be under Cupid's protection! That's how the sentence could be translated. Bakugou leaned back and stared at the parchment. The writing had already faded in the time it took him to research.

Cupid? Honestly? You would think that in a world of paranormal you were used to all absurdities, but Bakugou had never thought of such a thing, let alone believed it. But if the parchment hadn't been mysterious before, by the time the glowing writing appeared he had been sure that it wasn't just a piece of paper. Not just anyone had written this list. The paper was strangely magical, non-flammable and contained a hidden glowing message. No doubt, this was not just any piece of paper. This list was real.

Bakugou's gaze wandered over the parchment and finally stuck to Kirishima's and his own name. He clicked his tongue.

"Fuck you, Cupid!"