My Love, my Life

Single rays of sunlight fell through the window when Kirishima woke up the next morning. The blanket was warm and the pillows soft, yet something was missing. He felt for Bakugou. He was not there. Confused, he sat up. The blanket fell off his shoulders and exposed his naked upper body.

A small wrinkle had formed between Kirishima's eyebrows. Where was Bakugou? He threw the blanket aside and was about to get up when it knocked at the door. The redhead looked down at himself and noticed that he was still naked. He quickly reached for the boxer shorts he had thrown aside yesterday in the heat of the moment and slipped them over. In hasty steps, he hurried to the door and opened it.

"There you are!" he said when he saw Bakugou standing in front of his door. A small relieved laugh escaped his lips.

Bakugou frowned but had a mischievous grin on his face. "Did you missed me?" he teased him. He was carrying a tray on which he balanced coffee and pancakes with syrup.

Kirishima grinned embarrassed and then looked at the tray. "Breakfast?" he asked in astonishment.

"What else? Now let me in," Bakugou replied.

Kirishima noticed that he was still standing in the door frame and quickly took a step aside so that Bakugou could enter. The blonde walked past him and placed the tray on the bedside table. "I was actually thinking about breakfast in bed, but now you're awake. Want -" he turned around and fell silent. "Say, are you wearing my boxer shorts?"

The redhead looked down at himself. "Oh! I didn't notice it at all. I was just looking for something so I could open the door." He turned red and scratched himself embarrassed at the back of his head.

"Idiot." Bakugou said, but grinned. "Will you come back to bed?"

Kirishima couldn't be told that twice. He quickly jumped past his boyfriend and sat down in bed. He took Bakugou's tray and placed it on his knees so the blonde could sit next to him.

---

The tray had found its way back to the bedside table. They had finished eating long ago but were still lying in bed and enjoying the time together. Neither of them was in a hurry to get up.

"What are you doing?" Bakugou eventually asked. Lost in thought, he stroked Kirishima's red hair as he pulled out his phone.

"I just wanted to look at the website again," Kirishima replied and cuddled closer to Bakugou.

Bakugou closed his eyes and waited for Kirishima to enter the web address and log in and tell him what was new. But when Kirishima still didn't say anything after 5 minutes, he opened his eyes again.

"So?" he asked.

Kirishima looked up and grinned. "I'm reading in the forum. There's been a pretty long discussion." He held his mobile phone in front of Bakugou's face.

The blonde took it and scrolled through the entries. "When did all this happen?" he asked astonished. Then he remembered that yesterday they hadn't checked the website at all. He read through some comments and paused in amazement. "They're not even that negative."

Kirishima nodded with a grin. He had noticed that too. People were much more open about their feelings than he had expected. Maybe it was due to the anonymity of the Internet, but some confessed that they had a crush on the people who had assigned them by the list as their soul mates.

Bakugou put the mobile phone aside again and put both arms around his boyfriend. "It's only a matter of time before the first ones get together," he whispered, looking for Kirishima's gaze. He nodded and stretched a little to give him a kiss.

The redhead sighed. "I can't believe it all worked that way." He snuggled up to Bakugou's chest again. A brief moment of silence reigned. "I could spend the whole day in bed," he muttered.

"Tonight is the concert," Bakugou grumbled, also not very motivated to leave the bed.

"That's right. But until then there's no reason at all for me to get up," Kirishima mumbled in Bakugou's chest. The blonde laughed and stroked through his red hair.

---

"Are you ready?" called Bakugou and pounded on Kirishima's bathroom door.

"Yes, yes! Just come in," the redhead called back.

Bakugou opened the door and saw his boyfriend doing his hair in front of the mirror. The blonde moaned. "Are you still not finished? Kaminari stands with Jirou in front of the door and pesters me that he finally wants to go."

"I'm hurrying!" Kirishima said quickly and fixed his hair hectically. He grabbed his phone from the shelf and stuffed it into his trouser pocket. "Do you have the tickets?"

"Yes. Now come at last," Bakugou said with a hint of impatience in his voice as he grabbed his boyfriend's hand.

In the hall, Kaminari and Jirou leaned against the wall and talked as they came out of Kirishima's door.

"It's about time," Kaminari grinned and greeted Kirishima.

Together they left the dormitory and walked across the campus to the bus stop. Kirishima noticed that Kaminari held Jirou's hand and grinned into himself. Apparently he had finally overcome himself and asked her.

"Did you notice, too?" Bakugou whispered in his ear, pointing inconspicuously to her crossed hands. Kirishima nodded. "I can't wait to pay them back their intrusive questions," Bakugou grumbled and the redhead giggled stealthily.

The concert was as Bakugou had imagined it. Loud, crowded and music he didn't really like. And yet the cheerful Kirishima put a smile on his face. He seemed so satisfied and relaxed that Bakugou didn't care about the circumstances. He would do anything to always see him so happy.

In the middle of a song Kirishima reached for Bakugou's wrist and pointed to the edge. Bakugou was only too willing to go along. He didn't like being in the middle of crowds and he found a little break more than pleasant.

When they stepped out of the crowd, Kirishima surprisingly held his mobile phone in front of his nose again. Bakugou took it. Their website was open again and a certain forum entry caught his eye.

The first couple got together.

Bakugou closed his eyes for a moment. They had made it! When he opened them again, he looked directly into Kirishima's big honest eyes, glowing with excitement. He leaned forward and gave him a gentle kiss, smiling. It needed no words.

Kirishima leaned smiling against him and Bakugou put his arms around his boyfriend's belly and pressed him briefly. Suzuki Touru sang a soft song and the crowd swayed with it. Bakugou didn't care that the music didn't suit his taste. He was only grateful to Suzuki Touru for playing here today. He was grateful to Kaminari that he had bought four tickets. He was even grateful to Cupid that he had lost his list. Because all these events had led him to this moment. They had led him to Kirishima. His love. His life.