Chapter 1: Being Right by Going Left

Hey! I am not going to make up excuses for why I haven't written in a long time, I just haven't written in a long time. This is an idea by @RedFlareHunter, so thank you for the idea. Today I hope to write several requests that I have gotten. Speaking of which, this story would not have been possible without you guys! You have saved my neck with a request too many time to count, so if you have an idea, tell me!

"What kind of a name is Yorak!" Yorak curled up his fists and used the ally wall behind him to help himself stand. He could feel a rib move and he closed his mouth in time for a cry of pain to be contained. "Oh, boo hoo. Poor little Yorak, can't even hold his ground in a fight. Look where it's gotten him! He has a booboo! You gonna run to your mommy, you need a kiss for that booboo. Oh, wait. YOU CAN'T!" Uran and his gang laughed and laughed.

Yorak pushed himself off of the wall and stood to face his bullies. 

For years Uran and his gang had beaten Yorak down. Had teased him about being an orphan. All the while Yorak turned the other cheek. Yorak never gave up, he couldn't. It wasn't in his Galra blood, and while they had been beating him down, Yorak learned.

They had no clue what they had brought upon themselves. Yorak spent everyday training, slaving over his skill to fight. Why? He had seen them. 

He had seen the 8 that no matter what, wanted to do what right. Even though they were trying to destroy his people's empire, he wanted to see them. Wanted to be there with them. So he trained. He trained so he could get into the Blade, so he could see them again.

The first time he had seen them, it was on the television. Not the TV show about them, no. They were fighting on a planet that was next to his own. His planet's eyes were glued to the TV, praying that they would not be next.

Then they had landed, but as friends, to help the original people who lived here. Yorak saw them through the crowd. The Princess and her Advisor. The White-Haired Knight. He had seen the kindness of the Marshmellow and the contagious smile of the Clown. He had seen the fire in the eyes of the Brain, and a story that almost matched his own.

That's when Yorak had seen him. The one that rumors floated around. The Black Paladin. They say that he was a hybrid. They said he had the fight of the Galra but the complexity of an Earthling. That is who Yorak wanted to be. 

Yorak trained like him. Yorak learned to think like him. Heck, Yorak even grew his hair out just so he could be like him. 

So Yorak watched as Uran laughed with his gang of followers. Yorak did not give up, he was going to help them. When the war was over, he was going to be laughing over Uran and his gang saying I told you so. 

Then Yorak felt his mouth fill up with blood. He spat it out and his head began to get lighter and lighter. No! Not now! I can't let them win again!

"Hey! Why don't you pick on someone your own size!" Someone yelled. Uran stopped laughing and his gang and he turned. Yorak tried to look too, but his vision was failing him. "Because clearly, that kid could destroy you! I bet he has seen things that you couldn't even imagine!"

"Oh, yeah! Yorak is just stupid. He couldn't destroy anything! Except for his connections with his family. Oh, but wait, they don't exist! So why don't you just buzz off---ah!"

Yorak started to sway slightly. He could hear Uran and the others fighting, then the running of footsteps, "No, I have to be the one t-to fight," Yorak coughed out along with the blood. A figure walked over to him and put a hand on Yorak's shoulder. All Yorak could see was a white and green blob.

"It's okay to ask for help," The figure softly said. Her voice was calming and it caused Yorak to relax slightly.

"But I have to fight. It's the o-only way to help t-them,"

"Help who?"

"V-volt-" Yorak's vision went black and he fell into the figure's arms. But I have to fight. It's the only way to them. Voltron, the 8 defenders of justice. The Paladins of Voltron.