Chapter 3: Being Right by Going Left

"The reason that I keep turning off the cameras is- because I am trying to become a better fighter, but I don't need much sleep so I train at night. But if the others found out of course they would try to stop me and then I would still be the worse-"

"Nice try Pidge," Keith said. "Tell me the truth,"

"Keith what are you talking about! I just did! I have been turning off the cameras every night so that I could train! What is not believable about that! I mean I have been getting better at fighting even you must realize-"

"Pidge. Every time you lie you ramble so that people can't notice the loophole you make. Like right then, you said that you have been turning off the cameras so that you can train, but that is not the real reason even if it's the truth,"

"Does it matter what the truth is! Nothing has changed, so why are you drilling me with this!" Pidge said defensively. 

"You're wrong this time Pidge," Keith said standing up and about to walk out the door. "You have changed. You actually give grace to me and the others now. You've gotten to be a better fighter and you can explain and teach at a much higher skill level. You've changed. And I want to find out why,"

Keith left leaving Pidge in shock.

"Mom!" Yorak whisper called her from the vents. He crawled don and onto the bed. "Mom! You okay!"

Pidge shook her shock off, "Yeah, I'm okay. We just have to be more careful,"

"Okay, Mom," Yorak said hugging Pidge. "I'm going to head to the lab,"

"I'll be there in a minute," Pidge said. "Don't leave the vents until I'm there,"

"Love ya mom!" Yorak smiled crawling into the vents. 

Outside the door, Keith's eye's widened. He had left then stood beside the door and had heard everything. Pidge was hiding an entire kid. Adopted most likely, the kid sounded 13 and Pidge was 16. So...

Keith heard Pidge moving in her room and he quickly left and went to the lab. He got to the lab before Yorak or Pidge and he hid and waited. After about a minute, Keith heard clanging in the vents and at the same time, Pidge walked in.

Then Keith watched as a young galra kid hopped out of the vents and walked over to Pidge who locked the lab doors. No escape.

"Mom, do you think that the Red paladin knows?" Yorak asked his mom he put his goggles on and started to tinker, (they were reverse-engineering the paladin suits and making one for Yorak).

"It seems that way," Pidge said, breaking the suits down in holographic program. "He is the only one noticed the cameras, and if he really wants to know he will find out. I wouldn't be surprised if he knows, but we will cross that bridge when we come to it," Why did he notice before the others anyway?

Keith was in the corner of the lab by the door, so he slowly stood up, neither of them noticing and he leaned against the door frame.

//3 minutes later//

Yorak put down his tools and took off he goggles and sighed. That's when he saw the Red paladin. He and Keith locked eyes. "Mom. Mom," Pidge put her stuff down and followed his line of sight and saw Keith. Pidge stepped in front of Yorak, ready to fight.

"Yorak, you know where to go. I'll hold him off until you can escape-"

"-there's no need for that!" Keith said walking towards them. "I'm not going to hurt him, I just had to find out the truth," Keith walked closer to Pidge, who was still being defensive. Keith was only a foot away from Pidge who glared up at him with the strength of a mother. 

Keith smiled down at her and put a hand on her head. Keith hugged her, one had running his fingers through her hair to calm her down. "Calm down Pidge. I am not going to hurt him. I promise,"

Yorak looked up at the Red paladin with amazement. He was kinder in person, he wasn't as scary as he was in battle. Keith held out one hand, the other still hold onto Pidge. "I'm Keith,"

"Yorak," Yorak said shaking Keith's hand. I can't believe I just shook his hand! My freaking IDOL! I AM GOING TO DIE! No, keep it together...keeping it. 

"Pidge, Pidge, Pidge," Keith chuckled, letting go of her. "You keep a kid secret for how long? 3 weeks!" Pidge looked sheepishly at the ground, and Yorak took her arm, trying to comfort her.

Keith laughed and brushed Pidge's bangs aside and kissed her forehead. "You never cease to amaze me, "And that is how Keith killed both Pidge and her son.

One handshake, one kiss, a new lover, and a new father.