Chapter 2: Bit by Bit, I Told You So!

This is a month after Chapter 1. Enjoy!

"...Pidge?" Lance awkwardly said from the lab doorway as he scratched the back of his head. Pidge scowled and continued to do inventory. "Pidge? Can we talk?"

"I don't know, CAN we?" Pidge said. Lance guiltily looked down as Pidge's anger flared up. He hadn't talked to her for a month. A MONTH! He was so busy with Keith that he didn't talk to his friend for a MONTH. "I thought you were too busy,"

"Pidge..." Lance sighed. "I would never be too bu-"

Pidge slammed her hand on the table and stared Lance down. "Really! You would never  be too busy! Do want to know how long it's been since the last time we've talked! A month, two days, eight hours, 9 minutes, and 46 seconds!That last 46 seconds was you calling me heartless and lonely!"

Her words might as well have been daggers to Lance. "Pidge, I-"

"Oh no," Pidge angrily interrupted. "No, no, no. You don't get to play that card. No, no. Don't Pidge me! In fact, why are you even talking to me right now! Did your precious boyfriend send you down here?! 'Cause I'm pretty sure that's the only way you would even think of talking to me!"

"...I...me and Keith...aren't...aren't together any more..." Lance said weakly, cleary proving that the breakup had been recent. "...and I just thought..."

"And you just thought WHAT?! What exactly!? That you could just come down here, talk to me after A MONTH, and get my PITY?! And expect me to try and cheer you UP!? NO! NO! Do you not remember what I said to you the moment I found out you were together? 

I said, 'I don't think this a good idea. You guys fight way too much...I don't want you to get hurt,' and do you wanna know what YOU replied with? HUH?!

You said, 'We're in love Pidge, why can't you just be happy for us. Your prediction is not going to happen,'!

Then I said, 'Well, don't say I didn't warn you,' 

DO you remember that?! DID you REMEMBER THAT after every fight that you and Keith had? DID you remember that when your so called 'relationship' started to fall apart! DID YOU EVEN REMEMBER WHO SAID THOSE WORDS OR AM I JUST ANOTHER BLURRED OUT FACE IN YOUR MEMORY!"

"...Pidge..." Lance choked.

"No. I'm done," Pidge said. She chuckled like a burden had been released and she could be sane again, "I'm done with you. I'm done with all the crap you've pulled recently. I'm just done. So go, It's going to take you more that 10,000 'I'm sorry's' to fix this,"

"We broke up because of YOU, Pidge. We broke up because Keith was worried about you and said that I should have gone and talked to you. We fought about it for DAYS. We FOUGHT because of YOU!"

"I told you so," Pidge said softly. "And bit by bit, you're gonna see that he was right. Karma has made sure of that..."

Lance stomped out of the room, anger and hate written bluntly across his face. Pidge sighed, then slowly got back to work and began to take inventory and stack.

Allura was the only one who knew what Pidge had been going through this whole time...and now neither Lance...nor Keith...could just say sorry.