Chapter 1: Witch Au

So this is the Witch Au. I don't know who suggested this, and this is most likely not the way they wanted me to write this. In this version, it is set in 1692, at the start of the Salem Witch trials because I have already done a Hogwarts Au. 

Pidge ducked behind a corner, her black dress melting into the night shadows. A crowd ran by, their feet echoing like a memory of elephants. Their torches flew by her hiding spot like a swarm of bright fireflies. 

Pidge allowed herself one breath. She was one of the last ones. The last witches in Salem. They had gotten her family...and now all she could do was run.

Pidge ducked around a corner on the outskirts of town. She leaned on the wall behind her, out of breath. Still panting, Pidge looked around the corner. The streets were dark, not a soul in sight. A distant light caught her eye, it was a lantern in a nearby church. Pidge slowly walked across the street and into the church.

Because in these trials, only God could help her now.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Keith had grown up in the church. He was an orphan, and the pastor had taken him in. He knew the church like the back of his hand. It was late at night, so there were very few people in the pews, but they were still there. Keith continued the sweeping he had been assigned. 

Needless to say, Keith wasn't a 'religious' person. He believed in the Lord and that He could do miracles and whatnot, but he wasn't casting demons out of people or anything.

Keith looked out of the window and saw the smoke and light from the torches. He shook his head. The cities streets had practically been ablaze since the Witch Trials had begun. Keith knew the whole thing was blasphemy. Even if witches did exist, their powers were God-given and there was no way to tell who was a witch or not.

"God, help those people," Keith prayed under his breath. Keith was just sweeping the step that led up to the altar when a young girl slipped into the church. She looked about 14, had short, messy brown-red hair, and was wearing a dark cloak.

She slipped in without a sound and sat down in the back row and began to pray. Keith took no notice and went back to sweeping.

It took hours for Keith to sweep the entire church but he did it. (The church was open at all times so he helped during the night). Keith walked back into the main room to go count the offering when he saw the girl again.

She was the only one left in the church, and she was still deep in prayer. She heaved a sigh and looked up at the cross that was at the head of the room. She closed her eyes again. K

Keith silently walked to the back of the room and put a hand on her shoulder. She jumped and looked up at him. "Are you okay? You've been here for hours," Keith said.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" The girl said. "I can go," She started to leave, but Keith tightened his grip on her shoulder stopping her.

"That is not what I meant," Keith said. He released her and she turned around to look at him.

"Then what did you mean?" She asked innocently.

"The church is always open. I meant that the only time people stay that long at this time is if something drastic has happened to them," Keith said.

"You could say that," The girl said grimly.

"You want to sit down and talk?" Keith offered.

"Sure..." The two sat down in the pews. "My name is Pidge by the way,"

"I'm Keith," Pidge took a deep breath.

"I don't even know where to start,"

"That's okay," Keith said. "Start from anywhere you'd like,"